• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm near Wigan :)

RedRoseBeauty

RedRoseBeauty

Hiyaaa :)
I've been on this site about a month & have only just found this part of the forum;;

so yeah hiya :D

SimonB

SimonB

Hi Redrose, I'm originally from Cheshire, not too far from Wigan:):welcome:

S

*Sapphire*

Hey it would be great to get this forum going, is there anyone else from Manchester or the surrounding areas here? :)

Do you know of any fantastic local resources of help and support that you can share with people?

I'm sure there are more of you on here from this area! :D

emski

emski

I'm from near Manchester. For anyone in the East Lancs area there is a fantastic MDF bipolar support group, and they welcome anyone. Peer support groups seem very few and far between round my way.

Anyone any other suggestions?

S

stxo

heya, i'm from east lancs, accrington. there's apparently a really good personality disorder support group over this way, just need to build up the courage to go...

A

am i sane

Hi there I'm from wigan, the group in east lancs sounds good.

*vics*

*vics*

hey

hi im from manchester, i used to go to 42nd street which is in the town centre on swan street, its for people with mental health problems and they also have a 'mentalhealth' day which is support by the mental health charity 'mind' for more info go just type 42nd street into google to get their website, hope this this helps oh and its for people between the ages of 11-25 they also have drop-in days too under 18's and over 18's womens groups and have male drop-ins too jus go on the website and see what you think or jus give them a call their all v friendly :) hope this helps x x x

B

Blondie

Original Mancunian born and bred in St Mary's hospital.However I now live by the sea.............

I

Iusedtobehappy

I'm from down the 57 in liverpool. Wigan pier has a lot to do with how I am due to excessive smartie eating.