• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm Lost Please Help!

mark payne

mark payne

well,i always had problems in relationships ...not problems the usual people have in relations but i always had that fear when i start a relation!always women i broke up with before they go they tell something so hurtful , my friends also always tell me those things ....i can remember a day a friend told me i know you admire women but things dont go this way and i dont imagine you take care of a family( woman and children) and when i was angry he was like dont get mad at me bro i'm trying to be real with you im just telling you the truth u dont have that personality and you dont know so many things and that i'm so naive and to build a family i need so many things. i was born an autism kid i live a normal life and everything is ok but always when it come to relations i'm so scared my gf always tell me try and see how other men act and do the same she's that kind of women that love to feel that i got her back she's always ready to start a fight with someone just to see how i act it's like she testing me or something!! last night she was so mad then she told me (it's not only about sex mark we here trying to build a family how the hell you imagine we could live this way) and she was like you have to learn so many things men do so we can succeed! i love her so much and i dont want to lose her too i'm ready to do anything i just need your help friends you dont have any idea how much power i needed to write this ..cause i'm a man and i shouldn't ask about this but yea this is the truth the pure truth!! what should i do? is it hard to build a family?! what things i need?!! i always feel scared when i imagine me and her and a child maybe in the future i love that but always i feel scared what if she get bored of me? how i should treat her?i want to be like my friends and have a family too! for guys here with a family is it hard to do that? and what i need?!! please just be honest with me i can accept anything from you if i'm doing something wrong just tell me and the big question is WHAT A WOMAN REALLY WANT FROM A MAN?!

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It does sound like you are over-thinking and perhaps driving yourself up the wall with worry.
I do think rasselas is correct in that it seems as though you need to have a bit more confidence in yourself.
Obviously I can't make generalisations.. every woman is her own person in the same way every man is his own person.
But I would advise you to just keep on communicating honestly and openly with your girlfriend.
Share your feelings with her and be open to whatever she wants to share.

I'm sorry I can't be any more specific or helpful. I wish you the best of luck with the situation though.

M

Mastiff mom

Well, I can only speak for myself as a woman but what I wanted was a man who could be gentle and kind and take care of our family. Children are expensive little critters and if you want your wife to be able to stay home with them you need a decent income. All of this is not easy but could be the best thing you ever experience.

C

cherbear

Hi ! As is said above all women are different . For me it's for my other half to be nothing other than himself as that is what I love about him . You are doing nothing wrong and pay no attention to any negative comments from your friends .The big thing in any relationship is communication whether either of you are having a good or bad day be there for one another talk about what you both want , how you feel and about anything really . If you both want kids talk openly and honestly with each other about it . Go easy on yourself you sound like a caring guy . Big hugs xxxx

Last edited:
Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
From the male perspective I would say that the most important thing is that you put your family first, which sometimes means giving up your happiness for the sake of theirs. You should be kind, loyal, courageous when necessary, but never cruel. You should work hard for your family and provide for them, but your career should never come before their happiness. Families can be challenging, but also infinitely rewarding.

Last edited:
U

upagainstit

Sounds like your girlfriend wants you to suit her hopes and dreams.
Give her the boot.