• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I'm lost again.

sab

sab

Recently I realized my only friend is ignoring me/being distant and non talkative. Honestly it's depressing and I don't know what to do. I tried asking them if they're okay, they claim they are but still keep ignoring.

Yesterday I told them that if I'll do something annoying/be annoying they should tell me and they said they don't wanna be mean. What does it mean? They think I'm annoying just don't wanna admit it? I've been quite depressed since they became distant.

I don't really have other friends and I have difficulties with making new ones. Maybe it's only in my mind, I mean my insecurities or abandonment issues acting up. I keep checking social media hoping they would answer but nothing. I can't find place for myself or proper distraction. I just wish they tell me what's going on.

We were getting along perfectly, and never had any bigger argument. But it's the second time they act like this. Should I be worried? Is it some kind of red flag in friendship or I'm overreacting?

M

Mariyani

I know some friends that go through something and suddenly block everyone out of their lives.. maybe that's it.. if it's for no reason at all

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

You say they don't wanna be mean. Something's definitely going on in their mind. I would be direct with them and ask them what it is specifically why they don't wanna be mean. Perhaps tell them that you would be more comfortable in knowing why they don't wanna be mean rather than not knowing at all.

sab

sab

You say they don't wanna be mean. Something's definitely going on in their mind. I would be direct with them and ask them what it is specifically why they don't wanna be mean. Perhaps tell them that you would be more comfortable in knowing why they don't wanna be mean rather than not knowing at all.
I don't think it's good idea. From experience I know it might end badly but I did and asked what's going on again. I said I don't wanna lose their friendship.

C

CabbageMama

I know some friends that go through something and suddenly block everyone out of their lives.. maybe that's it.. if it's for no reason at all
I have done this this time. I do feel desperately lonely, but couldn’t get anyone to understand how I was feeling and I don’t want to bring people down with me.

P

Peppermint

Maybe you could focus on trying to make another friend. I know this isn't easy but if you had more than one friend maybe you would be less concerned when your friend is distant. Its hard to tell what's going on with your friend.

sab

sab

Maybe you could focus on trying to make another friend. I know this isn't easy but if you had more than one friend maybe you would be less concerned when your friend is distant. Its hard to tell what's going on with your friend.
I don't even know how to socialize properly, and I can't just talk with everyone. It's so difficult for me to talk with others, unless we have common interests and click right away. It will take ages if I even would met anyone who would like me for me and become friends.