• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Im losing my mind, help please

O

OGpano

Im an alcoholic and have severe depression please help ive tried everythint i dont know what to do anymore im contemplating suicide

SoftRain

SoftRain

Please do not hurt yourself, talk to us here.
You need help we all do at one time or another.
Hugs.

Bod

Bod

I am sorry you are feeling s low at the moment, an alcoholics life of drinking is very serious for anyone and it will not help if we have depression on top of that, so we have to get help off our doctor asap. I had to go into a detox because of my drinking as it was everyday and for me I had to get that help. So please try and reach out to your doctor as they will help you.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Help for suicidal thoughts

If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can also call one of the above helplines.

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

SoftRain

SoftRain

Can you stop drinking for the day to clear your head, maybe take a nap.

S

SadRainbow

I think you should seek out advice from professionals - maybe see you doctor? It can be dangerous for alcoholics to just stop drinking suddenly.

L

Lucy87x

Sorry to hear you are struggling and in so much pain. As you probably know Alcohol makes depression 10 times worse it numbs things short term but then long term makes everything worse. I would speak to your doctor and look at going to a local meeting in your area such as AA or even look at a rehab place.

Once the alcohol is.out the picture u ll be able.to.focus on the root of your depression ans get treatment for it such as antidepressants ans talking therapies.

suicide isnt the answer were all here for you x

O

OGpano

Sorry to hear you are struggling and in so much pain. As you probably know Alcohol makes depression 10 times worse it numbs things short term but then long term makes everything worse. I would speak to your doctor and look at going to a local meeting in your area such as AA or even look at a rehab place.

Once the alcohol is.out the picture u ll be able.to.focus on the root of your depression ans get treatment for it such as antidepressants ans talking therapies.

suicide isnt the answer were all here for you x
Thank u lucy, i have been theough so much and i dont know what to do

P

petalni

A few weeks ago I felt like ending it too. Couldn't do it as I've my wee dog. I'm off work but happened to talk to my union rep about being off and she was amazing. It really is having someone to talk to. I didn't have anyone else. There are people out there, reach out xx

T

treasurebox

Have music therapy. It helps me. Listen to inspiring, uplifting, motivational and encouraging music on spotify, youtube or soundcloud every day.

C

cathanifrind174

I am so sorry to hear that you’re struggling. I’ve been in your place. I know it’s easier said than done but in the super short run, you have to give it some time and do something you really enjoy. When I was deep down in the hole, I played video games. Not that I recommend it as it can be an addition too, but if you can do something to soothe your pain other than drinking that will help. Treasurebox suggested music but it can be anything – art, board games, music, sports, etc.

In the long-run you need to seek professional help for your alcoholism and depression. It’s a long road but don’t think about otherwise it will make you more depressed. Start with today, see how you can be happy without overdrinking, and slowly lower your drinking. (as someone suggested suddenly stopping it can also be dangerous)

If you have the possibility, go for a walk in the nature, that definitely helps. But I know from experience that when I was depressed I had no energy to do such thing. That is why I suggest you start with something you really love.

E

EclipticNight

Im an alcoholic and have severe depression please help ive tried everythint i dont know what to do anymore im contemplating suicide
The drinking is what's making it worse. Alchohol is a depressant. Aside from the usual therapy I'd say stop drinking to much. A little is fine but getting drunk changes your brain chemistry making you amplify your misery. Replace it with something that releases endorphins, so pleasurable things. Games, books, exercise, writing, whatever makes you happy.