I'm just tired of everything

U

username99

Hi there, this is the first time I'm posting something here..
I'm an 18-year-old student and I've been living on my own since the beginning of this school year. I never really had to do anything for school to get trough it, so I never did anything. This year however I started uni and living on my own, and now I do need to do stuff but I just can't get the motivation to do it. I lie in bed till 1 pm, feel horrible and heavy, eat half a bread, still feeling hungry. Then I turn on my computer, open my school programs and look at them for 5 mins before brain fog hits me and I can't concentrate anymore. This is if I even get to opening the school programs. So I start watching youtube instead. I feel to tired to go outside and buy groceries so for dinner I'll mostly eat one of the many microwave meals in my freezer or just eat rice. After dinner I'll do an other attempt to do study but again the brain fog appears and I'm not even capable of calculating the square root of 16...
This loop repeats its self every day and I can't get out of it.

I know my lifestyle is bad, but I've tried for 2 months to eat well, go to classes and exercise but it doesn't make a difference at all. I feel sad, depressed and tired all the time and I just feel like giving up... It's not like I want to die, but it isn't that I want to live either. It just doesn't really matter to me anymore. I do still go climbing with friends but I don't get any satisfaction out of it anymore. I just feel like nothing makes me happy.. Not even the things I used to really enjoy.

I really don't know what to do now. I feel like I should talk to someone about it but I really don't like talking to people and deeply hate the sentence "And how does that make you feel?"

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

Get together with some people in your classes and have meetups to study and do homework etc.

Switch up your exercise routine.

Get a eating plan that you can get excited about everyday.

Just like you're talking to us on here you can go to a therapist or psychiatrist and talk it out.

How does that make you feel? LoL.

Do things in your life that you know will always make you happy.

GL GB BS!

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Hi and welcome, well done coming here and admitting there's something not right with how you're approaching school. Have you spoken with a counselor yet? It can be a huge help to get a professional opinion on why you're struggling with classes and if you open up, perhaps there's reasons for your difficulties that you're not fully aware of.

Keeping problems locked inside and trying to wear a happy face isn't a way forward. It sounds like you've had enough with trying to just "get over it" and taking to yourself is not helping.

I read that you don't like talking to people and it seems you've created in your mind a notion of what therapy must be like. I know I did before I went to therapy.
So I'm here to tell you it's not what you believe it to be, it's what you make of it. Talking to a counselor is not easy for the most of us but it's far easier than struggling without any help.