• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm just so confused

W

wobblythighs

Hi all,
I'm new to this site and have been hearing voices for alomost a year - sounds like an opening line from aa!
I had been stable for several months, but for a couple of months things have been slipping - paranoia mostly but also intrusive thoughts - self harm, stealing, suicide and more recently not voices but noises. The noises are usually at night, and when i hear them i think its the voices (that I used to have - that I named Dick and Dom as that made me smile) trying to communicate with me, I also often think the noises are coming through from my computer and I have to take all of the electrical stuff out of the room.
Sorry, I'm rambling.
My confusion is that my thoughts aren't my own, I feel like they have been put there by the voices. The thoughts are not voices - neither mine or someone elses - so who's are they? They tell me to do things I don't want to so how can they be mine.
Its all so confusing to me
I had a review with my occupation health nusrse yesterday and told her the truth - I just started talking and couldn't stop! She immediatley told me to stop work - go and see my gp. I did that today, I went in and said my occ health nurse wanted me signing off because I wasn't stable enough for work. He wrote me a sick note and said good bye - he didn't ask what was wrong, how I was, nothing. I guess I could see my physcartrist but kind of feel whats the point!
Sorry just needed to get that off my chest
Wobbly

keepsafe

keepsafe

I can imagine you are confused, I hope that you will see your psych again and tell him/her what is going on - you need to. Its ok that the doc didn;t ask anything but that won;t get you anything. I don;t know what the last post meant but people are here to listen and I hope you can get some kind of comfort from that

Take care

KS

W

wobblythighs

I just seem to be flipping between thinking odd and weird things going on to sitting wondering what on earth is going on! Is that normal - that one hour I can be thinking all of these weird things are so so real and the next realising that what I was thinking is bonkers.
I am on antiphysoctiocs and anti depressants as well as epilim (for epiepsy but my mhdoc said that should do me good menatlly too!) I have also been in hospital before and got labeeled bpd and then unlabelled and released.

iffybob

iffybob

See

i think you definatly need to see your psych , .. or at least talk it through with your Oc health nurse..

... boB ...

oneday

oneday

Hearing voices movement

Hey wobbly

You might want to see if there is a Hearing Voices support group in your area. Check out the Hearing Voices Network website: www.hearing-voices.org

The Hearing Hearing Voices Network is a national charity involved in supporting self help groups that help people explore their voice hearing (and similar) experiences in a safe and confidential way and to develop non-medical approaches to understanding and dealing with voices.

The Intervoice Network is an international organisation also with a website that will also provide interesting links: www.intervoiceonline.org

You'll find lots of interesting reading via these organisations, including books by inspirational figures in the hearing voices movement, Marius Romme and Sandra Escher from the Netherlands, such as 'Accepting Voices' 1993 and 'Making Sense of Voices' 2000; also check out writings by voice hearer Ron Coleman such as 'From Victim to Victor'.

Best of luck in your journey towards acceptance and making sense or your experiences.

Oneday at a time

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Hearing Voices Forum 3
ABell Hearing Voices Forum 8