• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I'm in pain, but is it caused by anxiety ?

S

ste1200

Hi, recently I've been suffering from really achy arms and legs, and my hands and feet are freezing. I've also got painfull shoulders, neck and back. Sometimes its really bad, and I feel really tired and exhausted but I can't seem to do anything to make it better. My eyes always hurt and are really sensitive to light.

Could it just be caused by anxiety or could there be something else wrong ??

Thanks in advance.
Ste

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Have you seen your gp yet?? I've got severe anxiety and I suffer from all these symptoms and my gp and pyschiatrist have told me its through anxiety. I also have migraines and Irritable Bowel Syndrome through it but you really need to see your doctor in case its anything more serious. Hope this helps a bit.

S

ste1200

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm always at my GP for something or other lol. I've just had a sigmoidoscopy for IBS symptoms which has come back normal. I've had a few headaches recently, but I think that is down to my neck problems and also possibly my eyes being really sensitive at the moment. I've always had a back back and shoulders, but its really bad at the moment and my arms just hurt so much. I really want to exercise and stuff whilst my stomach and bowels are OK at the moment, but daren't due to this pain. Its a vicious circle and right bugger :(

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
It is a right bugger, I agree wholeheartedly!! And I used to be the same and was never away from the doctors, got physio for my shoulder, had every test under the sun (none of which were pleasant!!) for my stomach and I get superstrong pain killers for the migraines. I get tension headaches too!! Now I don't bother going to the doctors because I know its just my anxiety, but when you're depressed and you've got all the other stuff going on too it just makes you feel worse!! Maybe some exercise would do your neck and shoulder some good. It might loosen it up a bit.:)

S

ste1200

I think it may be doing press ups that's caused all these pains. I'm not strong in my arms and my form is poor. I haven't been doing yoga much recently so may try some tonight to see if that helps

iffybob

iffybob

I posted this before

For iffy stomoch I drink coco.

You make it like coffe.

1. - 1 heaped tea spoon of coco, in a dry cup
2. - 2 tea spoons of sugar.
3. - mix it round to break up the lumps of coco powder.
4. - Add boiling water, whilst stirring.
5. - add milk.
6. - Allow to cool for a while.
7. - Leave spoon in cup, and stur before each drink.

It realy does settle your stomoc, and mine is real iffy, and it feels light, it is not heavy like drinking chocolate.

( I use Bournville Coco Powder, £2 for 250g, Sainsburys, ask assistant where, one of those last about 8 to 10 mounths so good value )

If you are out, Pepermint Polos, realy .........

iffy .... ( I should paitent this ) .... boB .............:p

From what ste1200 said in the first post, it sounds like you have had a virus and you are getting over it... achy and run down, it can take a few weeks ..... I could be wrong.......

S

ste1200

It could be a virus, I've had a sore throat for weeks which has now just about gone. My back is deffo killing me though lol. I don't really like the term virus tbh, I think its a get out of jail card when doctors don't know what the problem is :unsure:

I've found that peppermint, acidophilus (sp?) and aloe vera has really helped my stomach, definately recommend those 3.

iffybob

iffybob

Alot

There are a lot of viruses, some we dont even notice that much and others that put us to bed, you may not have noticed having it esp if you have depression. They can cause joint and muscle aches but the are usualy all over not just one joint or set of muscles..... hev you tryed ibruprophen see if that works.

psst I recommened to coco.......:p

S

ste1200

I tried a couple of ibruprofen a couple of days ago, and it did ease a bit, I don't really like taking tablets though. I'm going to double my Vit C to 1000mg from today to see if that helps my energy levels, I've really tired and achy today, even though I've had a good 8 hours sleep as usual.