I'm in my early twenties and have been feeling this way for many years

K

KittySimba

I've been having many symptoms for many different things in the last 6 years, I have terrifying nightmares about real situations I've dealt with, I over worry every day, i cant go certain places, lots of things I couldn't type them all down on here id be all day, due to lots of different things I've dealt with in my life, I've been told lots of things of what to do but my latest has been NOT to go to the GP by my work coach? to ring a mental health helpline and to not go to my doctors! is this true? I'm not to tell my gp? she said they will rush my appointment and just get me out? i guess for a long time i blocked it out and tried to live like it but its making it worse. any help? I'm constantly anxious and scared, I cry alot, I just don't know. thanks for reading

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I'd say she's wrong, the doctor should be your first step to getting help, although you can phone the mental health helpline as well but you should let your doctor know whats going on as well :hug:

K

KittySimba

I'd say she's wrong, the doctor should be your first step to getting help, although you can phone the mental health helpline as well but you should let your doctor know whats going on as well :hug:
thank you very much, I thought so, cause if i saw someone suffering the way I have for so long id tell them to go see a doctor, she just told me I need to vent? kind of told me to pull myself together to get work? I tried to explain I don't know how to? Thanks very much for replying to me :)

K

KittySimba

no I haven't the closest I've had to that I think is an MRI scan about 2 years ago they was looking for MS because something showed on my scan but wasn't sure what it was but said all fine, would you have to be screened for exactly that? for ptsd to know? Thank you for all this its very helpful. I was also put on amitrypilin by hospital but stopped taking straight away, i was in there twice for panic attacks. I'm told to pull myself together

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Depression Forum 5
R Depression Forum 7
Lolliebug Depression Forum 2
Solitude1 Depression Forum 3
B Depression Forum 15