• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

im here, now i want to help

S

STL

Former member
I am affected by schizoaffective disorder and have been stable for over 5 years now. I came on here with the thought of possibly giving advice to those who are still clawing their way to stability.

T

Tombomb

So what’s some of ur keys towards stability??

T

Tombomb

We can all share n take pieces from everybody to get towards stability??

T

Tombomb

This site can be intense because u never know what someone will express!!

S

STL

Former member
So what’s some of ur keys towards stability??
I have found a medication regiment that has worked, I have an awesome doctor and love and support of a lot of my family.

I think being on this forum, however limited my knowledge is of it's content, is a great place to start.

I find following some sort of daily schedule helps keep accountability and also provides some stability when things get rough. This can be as simple as going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday.

T

Tombomb

Routine very helpful 😀😀

T

Tombomb

What bout purposefully living ??

C

chargrillwon

sanity through light. Best name ever. Just got back from a trip to a sunny place myself and WOW did it help me mentally.

S

STL

Former member
What bout purposefully living ??
I find it is very important to live with purpose. It could be as simple as saying to yourself "ok, i want to read x amount of pages of a book i like today"

C

chargrillwon

I find it is very important to live with purpose. It could be as simple as saying to yourself "ok, i want to read x amount of pages of a book i like today"

dude drop us some inspirational stuff. I struggle to live with purpose often and I could use some tips. That’s a really powerful motivation. Living with purpose.

S

STL

Former member
dude drop us some inspirational stuff. I struggle to live with purpose often and I could use some tips. That’s a really powerful motivation. Living with purpose.
lol.

I am an artist and creating art helps me with purpose. I am married and caring and loving for people gives me both purpose and accountability. Just being on this site and interacting with other members is a sort of purpose.

You can find purpose anywhere in your life you find yourself caring about. Love a show? There's purpose in the next episode. Love music? There is purpose in finding new artists to listen to. Love food? There is purpose in finding a new restaurant to try or a new dish to make. Purpose is all around us, all we have to do is grab on to something.

C

chargrillwon

keep going ! … hit us with some more inspiration!

C

chargrillwon

I am affected by schizoaffective disorder and have been stable for over 5 years now. I came on here with the thought of possibly giving advice to those who are still clawing their way to stability.

Did you take meds or do you have cognitive behavioral therapy techniques to share?