I'm here as a step in getting better...

G

Greenskies

... Hopefully. You can never tell with these forays into the unknown. I do think this time will work, however.
What am I talking about? Social anxiety. It's something that really messes with my ability to live a fulfilling life. I've had the same problem for months now where my brain tells me one hundred percent that other people think I'm weird, and it screws me up. Even having instances of objective proof showing me that people don't think I'm weird doesn't get rid of the fear completely. So what I'm doing right now is exposing myself to moderately uncomfortable situations and showing my brain over and over again that people don't think I'm weird. Like I said above, I think it's working. But you never know. Anyways, just thought I'd share a little bit about myself. and hopefully I'll get to know the rest of you, too.

Victorianna

Victorianna

Hi, Greenskies - Welcome. Exposure therapy sound like it’s working for you. That’s great!
I like this quote from Mark Twain - “You wouldn’t worry so much of what people think of you, if you knew how seldom they do”.