• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm heartbroken :'(

natasha244

natasha244

First of all I'm really sorry I've not been on the forum for a while. Things have been really hard for me.
Last week I had a MHA where I got told I will be receiving a diagnosis of BPD which I had mixed emotions about bc I didn't really want to accept it or believe it, but I'm coming to terms with it now kind of.
Found out last week that my grandad had been rushed back into hospital. He has terminal cancer and we found out last month it had spread to his chest. After going back into hospital on Wednesday afternoon, we got told he had 7-14 days if he was lucky. We weren't allowed to see him in hospital as he didn't want any of the grandchildren seeing him in the state he was in (he was really, really ill at this point) I am extremely close to my nan and grandad, always have been since I was a little girl and this news has hit me hard. I didn't deal or cope with it well and ended up hurting myself quite a lot. I couldn't focus on doing any revision or homework for sixth form.
This morning, at 01:02, I got a phone call off my dad to tell me my grandad had passed away. The last time I saw him was 2 weeks ago. I am heart broken and haven't stopped crying for almost 2 hours. My A-level exams start next week and go on for the next two weeks, but at the moment that's not even a priority. I can't cope with the fact I'm never going to see my grandad again. I didn't even get to properly say goodbye. :(😢

valleygirl

valleygirl

I am so sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose the people you are closest to. I am sorry you didn't get a chance to say goodbye.

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

So sorry for you loss Natasha. You and your grandad obviously loved each other very much. My grandad died from cancer when I was just a kid and I wasn’t allowed to see him in his final illness either. Hope you feel able to talk to your mum and dad about things.

Unique1

Unique1

So sorry for your loss.

xx

U

UMPALUMPA

Natasha good luck in your exams and always remember the happy memories with your Grandad xxx

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Natasha,
I'm so sorry for your loss, and at a difficult time in your life, when you have exams coming up x I'm also sorry for your feelings surronding not seeing him before he passed. My mother recently died and the morning that we were told there was nothing left they could do, I chose for my children not to see her. I did it for them, although they don't understand that. I didn't want them remembering her in pain and distress, I wanted those last memories they had of her to be good, happy ones.
Remember your grandad with love and pride x

chazxxx

chazxxx

So sorry for your loss :hug:
And im sorry you never got to say a proper goodbye :hug:

Xxx

natasha244

natasha244

Thankyou everyone, I'm trying to pull through it's just really , really hard :(