• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm going to snap!

Nooma42

Nooma42

I'm currently going through a period of depression. I've been re-medicating slowly (as per psychiatrists orders). I'm currently on 400mg Epilim Chrono with a goal to get to 800mg before starting anti-depressants.

I've always hated having therapists. I've never been able to relax around them (which is obvioulsy important when you need to open up). So when I was assigned an occupational therapist last October I was sceptical. It was to be a weekly session to help with my OCD. The therapist came out to my house, which did make it more relaxing. I was pleasantly surprised to find she was the same age as me, which meant we had a lot more in common than some of my previous therapists.

My therapy sessions really became a lifeline for me. I could email or phone my therapist when ever I needed her and I found that I avoided bouts of depression purely through being able to talk to her. However, 3 weeks ago she told me that she was moving to a new job. I was gutted because we'd really clicked. We had our last session last Tuesday. She said she was upset that she had to leave my treatment early, but that she had my email and would get in touch with me. She said I would still hear from her up until her last day (last Friday).
She never ended up getting touch before she left. I put that down to her being so busy finishing her case reports before she left (she told me she had so much to do).

So now I'm waiting for a new therapist (but have been told there is a waiting list) and I feel totally cut off. I'm having a really horrendous few days and feel totally lost. I have my regular meeting with my psychiatrist at the end of March (the closest I could get) but I feel like I could snap way before that.

I keep looking round for someone to talk to but there's no one there.

emski

emski

Have you no other fallback until then? CMHT? Crisis team? Go to your doctor and tell them you feel cut off, lost and like you are going to snap. They may be able to offer you something or refer you to a crisis team as contingency plan until you get a new therapist

Hang in there :grouphug:

L

Lady Summer Isles

I'm currently going through a period of depression. I've been re-medicating slowly (as per psychiatrists orders). I'm currently on 400mg Epilim Chrono with a goal to get to 800mg before starting anti-depressants.

I've always hated having therapists. I've never been able to relax around them (which is obvioulsy important when you need to open up). So when I was assigned an occupational therapist last October I was sceptical. It was to be a weekly session to help with my OCD. The therapist came out to my house, which did make it more relaxing. I was pleasantly surprised to find she was the same age as me, which meant we had a lot more in common than some of my previous therapists.

My therapy sessions really became a lifeline for me. I could email or phone my therapist when ever I needed her and I found that I avoided bouts of depression purely through being able to talk to her. However, 3 weeks ago she told me that she was moving to a new job. I was gutted because we'd really clicked. We had our last session last Tuesday. She said she was upset that she had to leave my treatment early, but that she had my email and would get in touch with me. She said I would still hear from her up until her last day (last Friday).
She never ended up getting touch before she left. I put that down to her being so busy finishing her case reports before she left (she told me she had so much to do).

So now I'm waiting for a new therapist (but have been told there is a waiting list) and I feel totally cut off. I'm having a really horrendous few days and feel totally lost. I have my regular meeting with my psychiatrist at the end of March (the closest I could get) but I feel like I could snap way before that.

I keep looking round for someone to talk to but there's no one there.
I can understand how you feel, I am lucky to get a support worker twice a week whom I have really bonded with as well. She told me last week that I will be getting cut down to one day a week soon. I'm already stessed about that. I've been very lucky in that I've had her for over a year now and there is a waiting list so I can' t complain, but I do worry that when I lose her completely I will go downhill. Hope you do manage to get someone else soon.
Hugs
Lady T:grouphug: