• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I'm going to go insane if u have to stay in when I so desperately want to be outside

Tamziie93

Tamziie93

Yep it's really not good for me either it's apart of my plan to go outside

B

Billy Idol

You must have listened to the announcement wrong, you can go out for exercise on your own or with one person from your household. Albeit once a day, but just make it a 5 hour walk :)

PinkCandyFloss

PinkCandyFloss

Depending where you are based such as UK, it is being recommended as other said to still go out once a day for a walk/run/jog.
If you have anywhere you can sit outside the back of your house that’s enclosed etc

Honestly for me things aren’t much different as I am housebound about 90% of the time due to my disability. However, the brief times I am out are helping my anxiety if nothing else (in fact makes my pain etc worse but hey can’t win them all)

PinkCandyFloss

PinkCandyFloss

You must have listened to the announcement wrong, you can go out for exercise on your own or with one person from your household. Albeit once a day, but just make it a 5 hour walk :)
It’s no more than 2 UNLESS you live with them, if you live with 3 family members you can all go out together. It’s only no more than 2 from different households. You know incase or single parents with two kids and such

calypso

calypso

Admin
I thought they said for only one hour but I could be wrong...

PinkCandyFloss

PinkCandyFloss

The said one occasion a day for exercise, they would never be able to police only one hour 😂

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Take care all my UK friends. Make sure you get out for little while for you sanity. Love from across the pond 💕

D

Duality

There are plenty of virtual walking tour videos on youtube. It might help to create the illusion of being outside, and it's a fun way to see another city or country.

Tamziie93

Tamziie93

Where have you seen this? I am UK and everything I have seen and heard says “one” exercise activity, nothing about how long
News article maybe it was wrong getting a lot of news from articles on Facebook

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I have a question about the whole stay indoors thing (the government site does not make it clear, i dont see where it says about exemptions)

NHS fire and police and food shops are obviously exempt, what about people going out to a job where they look after animals? For example vets, animal care facilities etc, and places like old people's homes? idk

and i not sure how they could police the one hour outside thing either