• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Im going to die

T

Tvgirl

Do you guys believe there is an afterlife? I believe I'm going to die and I wonder if there is a heaven. My grandma is jehovah witness so she dont believe in a heaven or hell. What do you guys believe?

W

WhatSarahSaid

I don't believe there's anything. I believe that when we die, there's nothing after. But I also acknowledge that I may be wrong. I'm also terrified of death because I can't wrap my head around infinity, and I'm afraid that my last moment will be a panic attack and will seem to last forever.

T

Thelma27

The only reason I have not tried to commit suicide again is because I believe hell and paradise exist and I hope that by the grace of the almighty I will enter paradise where I will be free from this dreadful illness I know my illness made me believe I was in paradise as a child and the feeling was amazing I was well and free so I would say keep an open mind good and bad exist so heaven and must exist as well just a thought

N

Not The Best

I believe in an afterlife. Purely because I have seen a lot of weird things in my life. My oldest memory is seeing a man looking down on me in my cot. And later when I told this memory to my mother and described him, it was my Uncle Sam, who died in that very room a year before I was born. I also saw things like a shadow-person walking upright in my mother's work place, a glowing white angel following my grandmother and I often smell my nan's perfume whenever my family is having troubles. A lot of things move around my house too, once I even saw a pen hovering above a table before it landed on the floor

So the reason I put to these things personally is that there is more to life after it ends

T

Thelma27

I agree with you I have the same type of experiences but mine is not real it's the illness I often see people that are dead and sometimes it takes me a long time before I realise I am speaking to friends and family that is no more as a child it was very scary but now since I started receiving treatment I am a lot calmer and I don't feel like my heart will burst out of my chest from fear stay strong and try to figure what your real memories are and what is part of your illness

N

Not The Best

I agree with you I have the same type of experiences but mine is not real it's the illness I often see people that are dead and sometimes it takes me a long time before I realise I am speaking to friends and family that is no more as a child it was very scary but now since I started receiving treatment I am a lot calmer and I don't feel like my heart will burst out of my chest from fear stay strong and try to figure what your real memories are and what is part of your illness
I have thought about maybe it is part of my illness but I believe them to be real because I never have any problems in like a vision sense anywhere else, and it doesn't happen that often. But I mostly believe them to be real because in some cases I'm not the only one to see it, like the one where I saw what I think was an angel, my cousin was with me and we both saw it

T

Thelma27

I absolutely agree with you the world is filled with mysteries

T

Thelma27

Ok I understand I too saw a white horse but it was not really a horse it was way more beautiful it came out of the sky racing towards me then it just disappeared I only recently figure out that it was part of my illness Iwas just about 7 or 8 years old I was too young to realise it was not real so I spent weeks or months searching for that animal I am glad that your experience is not part of your illness because you are not the only one seeing those things

Antimatter

Antimatter

I believe in an afterlife. Purely because I have seen a lot of weird things in my life. My oldest memory is seeing a man looking down on me in my cot. And later when I told this memory to my mother and described him, it was my Uncle Sam, who died in that very room a year before I was born. I also saw things like a shadow-person walking upright in my mother's work place, a glowing white angel following my grandmother and I often smell my nan's perfume whenever my family is having troubles. A lot of things move around my house too, once I even saw a pen hovering above a table before it landed on the floor
Wow 🙂 not sure if you are comfortable with it but that sounds amazing.

As for an afterlife, I just feel that there is a spiritual atmospere that we will join.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I think there is heaven but no hell. Just a higher place that can be reach through an anxiety free life. Life isn't always perfect but.

I can be.

So therefore lifes problems can go away.

Antimatter

Antimatter

I think there is heaven but no hell. Just a higher place that can be reach through an anxiety free life. Life isn't always perfect but.

I can be.

Life with our illness can be tough right?

Yes it is worth it, but why so many struggles mentally. Well we are all going to die, just don't want the suffering x

I

IsaD

I think there is both a heaven and a hell. There has to be. There's no way a life like this can be followed with nothingness.

W

WDR98

I don't believe there's a heaven or hell just a sleep from which you never awake and where your not even conscious and unable to feel or think anything. A death that is final the end of your life on earth, nothing for eternity. Until we come round on another plant in a different universe where we live immortal lives as the true beings that we are; giant,telepathic aliens.

W

WDR98

I can be.

Very well said Im trying to do the same and behave and be good so I don't have any problems in my life because a life without problems is a better life. But I've currently got problems which unfortunately aren't leaving me alone.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Very well said Im trying to do the same and behave and be good so I don't have any problems in my life because a life without problems is a better life. But I've currently got problems which unfortunately aren't leaving me alone.
I have these daily. I just brush them away. Sweep them under the carpet. Close the door. I know it's difficult but causing problems is natural. I believe in hell secretly but heaven is just a pinnacle. Can't resist.