• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm going to beat this!

S

shelly

Yes this will sound totally pathetic but I'm really going to try :). No alcohol for 2 days now :innocent: yes that sounds totally pathetic but I was on a real high and binge drinking. I have started exercising as well and thats made me feel better. Long may this continue! (y)

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Why does that sound pathetic? 2 days is a huge achievement, in fact 2 hours can be a huge achievement for some.

I am battling an alcohol addiction myself and it is the toughest thing i've ever had to do so I know how hard it is; well done.

Last edited:
J

jamesdean

Good luck Shelly, fo rmost of mylife I had a big drink problem now a days I'm almost t total I dont like the hang overs they are so pointless I just have a couple of drinks if I go to the pub because uits difficult to feel the atmosphere n theres nothing worse than not being able to connect withothers though it is a max of 4/5 pints n this is about once amonth usually.

S

shelly

Thanks for your replies

Thanks so much for your replies. I'm just trying to keep busy and positive. :).

K

Katie84

Congrats! thats fantastic!

I dont drink anymore, in the last 3 years i can count on one hand how many times i have drunk, i dont like the way it makes me feel anymore, plus i used to drink way to much when i was younger :)

Good on you!

S

shelly

Thanks

Day 3 managed to avoid the alcohol section in tesco :D. This is so hard but I'm determined. I can't believe it the doc has told me too stop taking the meds I was on and just take diazepam. Talk about going cold turkey :eek:. Why is it so boring being good :confused:

B

bluebell24

Well done Shelly ... I know how you feel, day 4 for me right now. Feel better for it already, the only problem with that being that feeling good makes me want to go out for drinks with my friends! : )

Next step for me is giving up smoking and kicking my caffeine habit ... cue lots of irritability and a tough time for my husband. Frankly I think he's a saint!!

I might take inspiration from you and try some exercise to keep the bad temper at bay ...

S

shelly

well done

Hi bluebell well done you! Your doing great :). I found the exercise helps releases all those feel good hormones :). Good luck with the giving up smoking :hug: