• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I'm going to be evaluated at court, I don't want to be started on medication though.?

G

gregory

I'm going to be evaluated at court, I don't want to be started on medication though.?

I stole from open cars and now I'm on house arrest. I've been to a mental hospital twice when I was younger. I'm 18 and i've lost over 135 pounds, I'm eating healthy organic food, taking multivitamin mineral complex thats organic, I try minimize fluoride intake and I started building muscle. I really wouldn't want to be taking "medicine" because of all the adverse side effects. Its very bad for you, right? Well I know it is. I dropped out early 10th grade, I have my GED though and I'm ready to excel with my life. I really don't want to be taking any medications, that will mess up my brain and the way I think with other side effects. If the courts want me taking it do I even have a choice? I'm sure if I take it I will probably be in less trouble with the court system but I really don't want to damage my body and mind. I know I screwed up with stealing from open cars, but I'm done with that and don't want to get into more trouble. Any tips on my upcoming court date of the Mental evaluation situation that will be a bit sooner?

shaky

shaky

I haven't been assessed by a court, but I have survived assessments of my capacity in the past and I think the thing is to be well presented. Wear your smartest clothes. Speak calmly and quietly and answer the questions that you are asked.
They will want you to demonstrate that you can behave in the future. Which is difficult.
Have you made any changes since you stole from those cars? Do you do any useful things like volunteering. Have you perhaps got rid of the friends who got you into trouble (I'm guessing here)
Show that you realise the stealing was wrong and that you are sorry you did it.

Mental medications can be damaging - putting on weight is very common - but they are not disastrous.
If they insist on medicating you it is better to comply at the time. You can then adjust the dose downwards as low as possible (or come off) when you are back home.

G

gregory

I haven't been assessed by a court, but I have survived assessments of my capacity in the past and I think the thing is to be well presented. Wear your smartest clothes. Speak calmly and quietly and answer the questions that you are asked.
They will want you to demonstrate that you can behave in the future. Which is difficult.
Have you made any changes since you stole from those cars? Do you do any useful things like volunteering. Have you perhaps got rid of the friends who got you into trouble (I'm guessing here)
Show that you realise the stealing was wrong and that you are sorry you did it.

Mental medications can be damaging - putting on weight is very common - but they are not disastrous.
If they insist on medicating you it is better to comply at the time. You can then adjust the dose downwards as low as possible (or come off) when you are back home.

I'm on house arrest at the moment and am stressing about my situation a little. I try to lift weights 2-4 times a week, I'l be reading a little, A vocabulary book and a physics book, I haven't put too much effort into that yet though, I'm worried about the situation. But I think I'l be trying to read at least 1 to 2 hours a day from these books. I won't be hanging out with those people anymore. I look up stuff on the computer and netflix and gta5 most of the day though which is pretty un productive. After my court date I plan on moving Tv out of my room and focus on being as productive as I could be. I need to get a job to help my mom with some bills( she got me a truck). I plan on weight lifting early in the morning 4-6 times a week followed by studying some science and learning vocabulary. Then hopefully work 4 hours a day or so and try to keep productive through out the day so that I can eventually get some college in and learn good stuff from books on amazon and hopefully eventually have some financial freedom.

shaky

shaky

Very good.

I should have said earlier
Welcome to the forum
:welcome:

G

gregory

Thanks for the welcoming and answer