• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I'm going crazy.. Help Me! (Ocd)

C

caans01

hello i am ocd patient. He started with different obsessions when he was still a child. But it's my obsession with the number 26 that really scares me, I don't know how or when I got obsessed with this number. And I am afraid that I will die at this age, I am afraid that this number is a divine message, and it comes across at such moments that I say yes it is really a message. For example, when thinking about death, I look at the clock (I do this very often) and I come across the number 26. Once I focused on the number 36 and saw it everywhere like 26. But I chose to be obsessed with the number 36. 26, on the other hand, settled in my mind in a way that I do not know how. I'm 25 years old now and I'm so scared I'm crying all the time. At the age of 26, I even thought of never leaving the house (about 1 year) Do you think this has anything to do with my OCD disease or is it a divine message? (my obsession with this number started at about 14-15 years old)

C

caans01

I've been looking at the clock or license plates for many years. My subconscious is constantly looking for this number and when it finds it, I say yes it is a message. But sometimes it comes across at such moments that I say damn it's a message.

Y

yunusfox

I've been looking at the clock or license plates for many years. My subconscious is constantly looking for this number and when it finds it, I say yes it is a message. But sometimes it comes across at such moments that I say damn it's a message.
Very interesting that you went and or still go through that. I can't say for sure whether this is an mental health issue or if it is something spiritual. I personally had the same thing however mine was intentional. I am a person that likes to calculate numbers and different formulas within the universe. These calculations however are from a spiritual stand point. The universe works in mysterious ways. Well not mysterious really, it just works in ways we currently cannot comprehend. Its quite calculated though.

Anyways, I have also seen certain numbers at specific times on license plates, signs, clocks, or anywhere that could hold a number essentially. At some points I swear I have received messages behind them or would think a certain thought and that number would be there. It only got bothersome when I actually wanted to stop focusing on those particular numbers at the time. So as far as what you're going through, which I must say is on a higher level of stress based on how you explained the way it bothers you, is a completely different matter. I understand it from a point of how it can bother you and drive you to think outside the norm, especially when you don't understand it to begin with. How it got there??? Yeah I would love to know just like you. I am not a therapist but you may need to force yourself to not focus on it. That is what I had to do in order to change my focus. It takes some serious practice but eventually it will not bother you as much.

Are you religious at all? Did anything significant happen between the age of 14-15? It doesn't sound like trauma but it definitely sounds like you missed an event that happened or you were not paying attention enough during a particular event that had a serious impact on your subconscious. Music works in that way. If the song or whatever you are listening to resonates with you so much, the words will automatically pop up in your head even when you don't want them to.

M

morty2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My Ocd includes numbers i dont like, 19, 13, and others..Words also,,Objects,,Clothes. Seeing bad things when i buy things,,thats difficult every day when i have to go into town. Ive become so used to it. You are NOT alone,,,thats all i can say. Yes i get words popping up ect when i dont even see them, or traumatic ridiculous thoughts randomly come to mind. Sometimes horrific things. Ive had traumatic childhood ect, very early sexual things i got into. Im giving you a hug.:hug:

C

caans01

Very interesting that you went and or still go through that. I can't say for sure whether this is an mental health issue or if it is something spiritual. I personally had the same thing however mine was intentional. I am a person that likes to calculate numbers and different formulas within the universe. These calculations however are from a spiritual stand point. The universe works in mysterious ways. Well not mysterious really, it just works in ways we currently cannot comprehend. Its quite calculated though.

Anyways, I have also seen certain numbers at specific times on license plates, signs, clocks, or anywhere that could hold a number essentially. At some points I swear I have received messages behind them or would think a certain thought and that number would be there. It only got bothersome when I actually wanted to stop focusing on those particular numbers at the time. So as far as what you're going through, which I must say is on a higher level of stress based on how you explained the way it bothers you, is a completely different matter. I understand it from a point of how it can bother you and drive you to think outside the norm, especially when you don't understand it to begin with. How it got there??? Yeah I would love to know just like you. I am not a therapist but you may need to force yourself to not focus on it. That is what I had to do in order to change my focus. It takes some serious practice but eventually it will not bother you as much.

Are you religious at all? Did anything significant happen between the age of 14-15? It doesn't sound like trauma but it definitely sounds like you missed an event that happened or you were not paying attention enough during a particular event that had a serious impact on your subconscious. Music works in that way. If the song or whatever you are listening to resonates with you so much, the words will automatically pop up in your head even when you don't want them to.
At that time, my mother and father were severely divorced. I think it could be a trauma. After reading what you wrote, I think I am much more afraid, this is a message about the age I will die. I am crying now and I am very afraid. But apart from this incident, I am an ocd patient, part of me says that this disease is a game, but I don't know, I'm really scared.

C

caans01

I guess I forgot to mention the most important thing. My obsession with this number was long gone. I thought I got over it. And then last year my grandfather died, the funeral made a big impression on me. And soon after, my obsession with this number recurred. During my obsession, there was no message or anything about this number, I was very happy. Sometimes I even made fun of myself and laughed at this number, how could I have believed such a ridiculous thing. But with my grandfather's death last year, my obsession with this number relapsed. Do you think it could be a divine message? Is something like this possible?

M

morty2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I guess I forgot to mention the most important thing. My obsession with this number was long gone. I thought I got over it. And then last year my grandfather died, the funeral made a big impression on me. And soon after, my obsession with this number recurred. During my obsession, there was no message or anything about this number, I was very happy. Sometimes I even made fun of myself and laughed at this number, how could I have believed such a ridiculous thing. But with my grandfather's death last year, my obsession with this number relapsed. Do you think it could be a divine message? Is something like this possible?
At times of stress its going to get worse,,therapy will help you try to get things in perspedtice. Especially CBT,,,it may need a long course though. Ive had several.

S

Shadow231

I have the same thing for me, it ends up omitting odd numbers, for example I have to turn on the computer a few times to match the last day or on certain days I cannot do things that interest me .. Sometimes I managed to break it and I had days where I do not need them doing my mind somehow dealt with it but with time I noticed that it came back, I started to become obsessed with odd numbers again most of the things I do it shows up or I have to touch something a few times or wait for an hour to make coffee it is not normal. When I had this time where I broke up, at first I felt uncomfortable but then everything was back to normal. You have to fight it is the only goal or for now try to limit it and stay with the odd number longer until you get used to the fear of it.

Y

yunusfox

Ok so after reading more information about what could possibly make this occur, it seems that something in your timeline outside of family and or friends has subconsciously affected you. Going back to what I stated earlier, it may have been an event you were apart of where something was mentioned with the number 26 and death in the same instance. It may very well be a tv show as well or even a particular song and or musical artist that you listen to. What many people fail to realize is that, some of the things we like to involve ourselves with opens our minds to accept and retain many things in the moment of whatever we are involved with. So for example, we could be at a party having a good time but someone in the background could be having a conversation about candy and monsters behind us or just around us in general. Now we aren't apart of that conversation, however, because we are in the vicinity of the conversation and we are in a state of enjoyment which is a mode that triggers the mind to open up and be more accepting of things around us, it could very well seep into our subconscious and stay there. Then later on in life we are thinking about something that we have no idea how it got there. Really think about this and compare to your own life. When you are having fun, your body feels good, you feel good, and your mind is a lot more open in those moments. It has to be open in order to continue enjoying the moment.

There is a lot I can break down about this which I would be glad to do. I will be starting a mental health podcast and YouTube channel soon that goes over all of these things. Until then I am more than happy to chat here about it. Hopefully this information has helped a little.

M

morty2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It really has opened my eyes even more to the fact there are people like me with OCD. I also like even numbers. I add objects i dont like,sometimes i think i have something in my house i need to throw away. Ive come to the way of thinking its just a "thing",,there is no magic associated with it. Its me that starts the Magical thinking(as i was told in therapy about magical thinking). Its me that puts that association on that OBJECT or NUMBER or WORD. Even people,then their names that ive had upset with.