• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I'm frustrated because I hurt my hip and it's not getting better

A_Wilted_Daisy

A_Wilted_Daisy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I love to exercise. I do walk aerobics, dance, Pilates, light strength workouts, etc. About maybe 5 weeks ago, I hurt my left hip. It's probably my hip flexor. I didn't think anything of it at first because I'm often getting DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) - you know, the pain that comes a day or so after you work your muscles in a way they're not used to? A couple of days before the pain started, I had done an older workout I hadn't used in a very long time. DOMS makes me stiff and sore when moving, but doesn't prevent me from my workouts, so I pushed through. The pain lessened some over the next week, but it never completely went away. Fast forward 3 weeks and it began to hurt very badly again. That's when I realized I must have pulled or torn something originally and I just re-injured it, without ever giving it a chance to heal in the first place. I took 3 days off and I couldn't stand it. So for the last couple of weeks, I've been walking fast in place for 2-3 miles (30-45 minutes) at a time. It's very boring, but it doesn't cause pain or discomfort. I'm not doing anything else besides upper body strength with dumbbells since that doesn't require movement in my hips. I'm so bored and I really want to get back to my regular routine. I'm waiting, though, because I have to heal. The problem is that moving naturally through the day is slowing down my progress. I was sitting this morning and without thinking, I twisted my body to the right to grab something. I felt my left hip pull and I've been feeling it all day. I'm afraid I just set myself back further. I don't have insurance, so I'm not going to get it checked out. I guess I just have to keep waiting and I need to TRY being more careful. Usually the only time I'm feeling pain is when I'm in bed moving around or if I happen to lie on that hip. I sleep on my stomach, but I toss and turn all night. I just needed to vent because I'm having a hard day. :cry:

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

I love to exercise. I do walk aerobics, dance, Pilates, light strength workouts, etc. About maybe 5 weeks ago, I hurt my left hip. It's probably my hip flexor. I didn't think anything of it at first because I'm often getting DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) - you know, the pain that comes a day or so after you work your muscles in a way they're not used to? A couple of days before the pain started, I had done an older workout I hadn't used in a very long time. DOMS makes me stiff and sore when moving, but doesn't prevent me from my workouts, so I pushed through. The pain lessened some over the next week, but it never completely went away. Fast forward 3 weeks and it began to hurt very badly again. That's when I realized I must have pulled or torn something originally and I just re-injured it, without ever giving it a chance to heal in the first place. I took 3 days off and I couldn't stand it. So for the last couple of weeks, I've been walking fast in place for 2-3 miles (30-45 minutes) at a time. It's very boring, but it doesn't cause pain or discomfort. I'm not doing anything else besides upper body strength with dumbbells since that doesn't require movement in my hips. I'm so bored and I really want to get back to my regular routine. I'm waiting, though, because I have to heal. The problem is that moving naturally through the day is slowing down my progress. I was sitting this morning and without thinking, I twisted my body to the right to grab something. I felt my left hip pull and I've been feeling it all day. I'm afraid I just set myself back further. I don't have insurance, so I'm not going to get it checked out. I guess I just have to keep waiting and I need to TRY being more careful. Usually the only time I'm feeling pain is when I'm in bed moving around or if I happen to lie on that hip. I sleep on my stomach, but I toss and turn all night. I just needed to vent because I'm having a hard day. :cry:
Im sorry your having this problem. I hope you can get to a Dr and have it checked out.🌈