• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Im finally trying to get my life back

D

Dakota sun

I’m a 25 year old female, Im stuck with the labels of Treatment Resistant Schizophrenia, OCD, and Depression. I have a community team that I’ve been seeing since I was about 19, over the years my CPN has changed, but the psychiatrist has stayed the same.

I’m looking for a way to leave the mental health services without being involuntary detained in hospital for months on end.

M

MouthyOne

Hi Dakota sun

Sometimes labels can be self-fulfilling prophecies. The brain is very complex with so many reasons why we are the way we are.

Welcome to the forums :)

one light

one light

Touched my heart that message of yours, so young and having to deal with Schizophrenia - I have researched voices/seeing things so much in recent years, and spirituality - the voices thing, more to that than meets the eye - I'll just say if you or anyone else looking on now hear an unwanted voice chirping in with something unpleasant - just override it with the words 'love' or 'light in your mind or say it out loud... Stop that unwanted word - flatten it in its tracks... and check out controlling ego, won't work for all but some/many it will...

Zero One

Zero One

Hello. I'm in the states,so I'm not sure how that all works but I just wanted to say welcome 🙂

D

Deleted member 93850

I’m a 25 year old female, Im stuck with the labels of Treatment Resistant Schizophrenia, OCD, and Depression. I have a community team that I’ve been seeing since I was about 19, over the years my CPN has changed, but the psychiatrist has stayed the same.

I’m looking for a way to leave the mental health services without being involuntary detained in hospital for months on end.
In the USA the only way to be put away months on end in a hospital would be after committing a crime and deemed mentally unfit.

Downtown there's people living on sidewalks that's much worse off. They're so out of touch with reality that even operating a computer and living in a structured building isn't possible. Their mental illnesses with the combination of heavy drug use that's deteriorated their brains should be more than enough to be placed into a hospital. Nothing is done until they start attacking people, but even then they might just be herded up like animals and moved back into the slums away from tourists.

A

Am33

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I heard some great advice years ago .A tire that's standing still is easy to knock over , but a tire that's rolling is very hard to knock over so I mentally picture that and just work on getting mental freedom. What ever is out there I try listening to doctors , changing diet , listening to high hertz frequency music on you tube , one doctor recommends tapping forehead for OCD takes mind off it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T E_90 After a long time I finally decided to sign up Introduce Yourself 9
S Finally discovered my condition! Introduce Yourself 15
sab Not really new, but finally introducing myself Introduce Yourself 11
4 New today. Finally decided I need help Introduce Yourself 6
C Finally doing something. Introduce Yourself 5
I 1 minute ago Hi, newly diagnosed high functioning sociopath and borderline personality disorder. Finally reaching out to talk to others. Introduce Yourself 10
H Finally seeking help Introduce Yourself 8
K Finally Introduce Yourself 2
E Finally getting help before it's too late.... Introduce Yourself 4
T Finally made it Here !! Introduce Yourself 4
D New and finally reaching out Introduce Yourself 3
G Hello, finally out of denial Introduce Yourself 2
S Old but happy...finally Introduce Yourself 5
S Diagnosis stage... Finally! Introduce Yourself 4
Lincoln1990 Introduction Finally Introduce Yourself 1
L Another newby - finally seeking help!!! Introduce Yourself 4
J Finally like minded people,where are ya! Introduce Yourself 11
M yay i can finally introduce myself! Introduce Yourself 13
J Finally opened up. Introduce Yourself 8
L Hi all, hoping to finally find some support... Introduce Yourself 3
D it finally ended! Introduce Yourself 1
M hi, new here just trying to understand what's going on with me Introduce Yourself 3
D Trying to understand what’s happening to me Introduce Yourself 17
T Trying my best to feel more secure by practising emotional intelligence but need help. Introduce Yourself 7
3 Trying to make sense of it all Introduce Yourself 6
I New here, trying to find out answers Introduce Yourself 5
R New here, and trying to put things back together Introduce Yourself 3
K Trying to introduce myself Introduce Yourself 9
Durandal Trying to help a friend Introduce Yourself 13
knowyourworth Hey I've made mistakes in the past ,I am trying to add value to my life .karma has taken a heavy toll on me,but a voice inside me won't let me give up Introduce Yourself 7
C Trying to find purpose - BPD kicking my ass Introduce Yourself 4
S Trying to get my head straight Introduce Yourself 6
prettikitty hello just trying to deal ty for accepting me Introduce Yourself 11
E Trying to get the NHS Mental Health Services emergency funding Introduce Yourself 1
M Momma trying to live with sadness. Introduce Yourself 6
S Hi, trying fluoxetine......... Introduce Yourself 8
E First time of trying this Introduce Yourself 4
L Trying to get better Introduce Yourself 8
M Trying to navigate this living nightmare Introduce Yourself 3
Y Trying Introduce Yourself 3
S I'm trying. Introduce Yourself 5
I Trying this out Introduce Yourself 5
M Trying to cope with bad neighbours Introduce Yourself 8
kimidare Trying to avoid a relapse Introduce Yourself 5
L Hello, i am trying to sort myself out. Iam very confused and conflicted. I am very sad and stressed. Although I have a family they are so caught up i Introduce Yourself 3
W I'm New And Thriving With My MH, So I'm Now "Trying" To Socialize Again And Not Be Afraid To Let People In My Life Introduce Yourself 11
A trying to quit drinking and get past depression Introduce Yourself 3
Willvill I am trying to battle this shame Introduce Yourself 6
ipanema Trying to cope with anxiety and depression Introduce Yourself 3
S Hello, I'm a new member, and I'm trying to get some insight on antipsychotics. Introduce Yourself 11