• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Im finally ready to say i really need help

tattoo_lou

tattoo_lou

hi, im new to the site,im here cos i want to talk to people who can relate and not tell me im going mad,lol
I hate talking to people and admitting im struggling,but its time i need help.
Iv been diagnosed with depression but im sure its something more,iv been to my doctors and they said they would refer me to the mental health team,im still waiting and its been a year,i went nearly every week to put pressure on them to hurry up,but im still waiting!! i feel people dont beleive me, do u blame me?!?

I know dont know who to turn to or where to go?
i would really appreciate any help or advice.

thank you x

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

You're saying it's been a year since your GP's said they would refer you??? That's scary! My understanding of the system is that the referral has to go through your GP so the best thing is to go back to them... if you feel you are getting no where with one GP ask to be changed to another.

My own experience was one of only getting a referral to mental health services after I ended up on their doorstep in hospital in crisis. I hope that you have better luck than me and get the support you need soon.

Honey, xx

tattoo_lou

tattoo_lou

Thank you for taking the time to reply,
im going to go back to my doctors and ask them whats going on,to be honest i dont think there taking me serious i think they just want to give me my repeat prescription and send me on my way.

My life is callapsing around me,i lost my job,i cant go out without someone going with me, i have no confidence,i hate who i am and what iv become, i hate to admit it but i self harm, its one thing after another and no one is taking me serious,not even my friends and family,there oblivious to how i feel, .:unsure:

i dont want to get to the stage where it takes something serious for them to see me and take notice.

sorry i had a rant,i feel stuck in my head with no where to run, i want to sort out the life i fucked up but no one is willing to help.

lou x

iffybob

iffybob

Call

I dont know how it works in Scotland.....

Try and find out if there is a "Crisis Team" in your area, if there is call them, and just let rip on then, making you wait a year is abusive, also try a charity like Mind, they may be able to help you.

Take care ....... boB .... :flowers:

X

Xebec

Depression

"YOUR NOT GOING MAD" Depression is not clearly understood by a lot of GP's, so there tends to be slow reaction to getting help. Treatment is usually anti-depressants or Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) which is a short term, collaborative therapy and "it works" - ask your GP about it!

Good Luck
Xebec

tattoo_lou

tattoo_lou

Thank you for replying i really appreciate it,

Iv got an appointment this week for the doctors so ill let you guys know what happens,or what doesnt as the case may be, no im going to make sure i get what i want and need....finally pull myself together and take what i deserve and stop being ignored!!!

Yeah......go me! :rolleyes: lol

x