• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Im exhausted

L

Leelee23x

Hi well my bf has bipolar , he wont tell me if its one or two..he was taking medication for it but stopped. He gets really angry to the point he attacks me and punches the door. I try talk to him and calm him down but it doesn't work. If I speak he gets angry and if I dont he gets angry. And pushes for a forced answer from me. I feel on edge around him, Its got to the point where I'm afraid of him. Other times he is great its like he is two people. I tryed to look at information to support him ask him his triggers. He says lack of sleep if he eats sht food and hostile environments. And stress We have a child together and one more on the way im worried if I cant cope with this how will they. In the future He will say hurtful things to me and lose it. Im thinking should I end it or support him futher because I dont want a break up to trigger him even more, where he ends up back in hospital sectioned again. Its a roller coaster life I know it all overwhelms him and kills me because I do love him. Very much I have forgiven him for the attacks so we both could be released from it and move on. Emotionally Has our children are important 2us both. I know everything is very scarey for him two and intense and he really dont want to be this way. I dont know what to do for the best any advice please. Urgently needed thanks. He told me i trigger him yes we do argue but its general stuff and he just goes too far like if I express my feelings he flips out if I go silent instead he gets angry two. He will say that I bring him down but that's not fair he has bipolar which brings him up and down he cant keep blaming me for it. 24/7 its draining us both ive been trying by best trying to learn all I can about his serious illness. I just feel lost and it must be double for him should I tell him I love him more how should I calm him down I worried it will be my face next not the door

O

Orangeade

Hi , well my bf has bipolar he wont tell me if its one or two..he was taking medication for it but stopped. He gets really angry to the point he attacks me and punches the door. I try talk to him and calm him down but it doesn't work. If I speak he gets angry and if I dont he gets angry. And pushes for a forced answer from me. I feel on edge around him, Its got to the point where I'm afraid of him. Other times he is great its like he is two people. I tryed to look at information to support him ask him his triggers. He says lack of sleep if he eats sht food and hostile environments. And stress We have a child together and one more on the way im worried if I cant cope with this how will they. In the future He will say hurtful things to me and lose it. Im thinking should I end it or support him futher because I dont want a break up to trigger him even more, where he ends up back in hospital sectioned again. Its a roller coaster life I know it all overwhelms him and kills me because I do love him. Very much I have forgiven him for the attacks so we both could be released from it and move on. Emotionally Has our children are important 2us both. I know everything is very scarey for him two and intense and he really dont want to be this way. I dont know what to do for the best any advice please. Urgently needed thanks. He told me i trigger him yes we do argue but its general stuff and he just goes too far like if I express my feelings he flips out if I go silent instead he gets angry two. He will say that I bring him down but that's not fair he has bipolar which brings him up and down he cant keep blaming me for it. 24/7 its draining us both ive been trying by best trying to learn all I can about his serious illness. I just feel lost and it must be double for him should I tell him I love him more how should I calm him down I worried it will be my face next not the door
Thank you for sharing and trying understand his illness! Him stopping his medication had obviously made him worse and his episodes! It must be very hard for you to support him when he is so up and down. Please make sure to look after yourself in any way you can, i would have for you to be stressed even more with the baby on the way (also congratulations!) is there any way you can persuade him to take them? Were they helping him before? Sending you a lot of love and hoping i can assist you here x

K

keith74

@Leelee23x SPrry to hear you are going through this. I will be blunt - relationships with someone with untreated bipolar usually fail. What I mean by "untreated" is someone with bipolar who does not follow a treatment plan that works for them. Stopping medication without guidance from a psychiatrist would be abandoning a valid treatment plan. Untreated bipolar gets worse over time. You must be clear to him that you need him to be stable for you and your child. You must be firm that he sticks to his treatment plan and do his best to stay stable. That would mean a potential change in lifestyle and giving up substances that can trigger mood swings like alcohol and weed. Again you must be firm that this is what you need. It really is the only way to have a stable relationship where you feel you are not walking around on eggshells when you are around him.