• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm Empty inside and nothing at all brings me happiness

N

Nancourt

So I've tried some things my therapist told me. I signed up to tinder with no success, despite feedback from friends about the pictures chosen. ive started trying to accept myself. ive started seeing what i . like about myself. and focusing on that.
I also . made a plan: I want to graduate this year to be finally done with that miserable course and . the misery it brought me. and i will not have to see the girl who broke my heart every single day. And then right after I want to die. I have the method in mind and have made some preparations. I want to leave this place. This life isn't good for me. The only people who ever messaged me always wanted something from me-And I have finally found the courage to put a stop to those people and cut them out of my life, by simply not answering their mssgs.

The truth is there is nothing that makes me happy anymore. I was only ever happy one time in my life.

At least now I am at peace with myself
I've finally started seeing myself as attractive, intelligent, funny, and worthy of someone to love.

But I still don't think that is going to . happen.

J

JCPraha

It is great you have a more positive view of yourself now. Attractive, intelligent, worthy, are all great characteristics. I really hope you do not decide to die. It seems you have a lot to live for if you can get over this. Life is quite difficult, that is for sure. I hope you find your way, somehow.

TulipIceCream

TulipIceCream

Tinder is more of a website that is for people wanting to sleep with someone one night and never speak again. I don't think that would make you happy. I feel that it is good to cut out those that are only destructive in your life and replace them with people who want to help you be the best you can be. It feels, right now, you can only be happy in that one moment, but when you see that there are so many other opportunities and so many other people who are good, kind, loving, you will see the world in a different way :)

G

Glassy Lip

Depression is much easier to deal with when you are truly ok being with being alone. It was always easy for me. It may not be for you but as I have been seeing on FB posted by only women: focus on you and love you first, the rest will come.

J

JCPraha

It is very difficult to cope with being alone for some of us. I can empathize. Of course it is much better if you are at peace with being alone. Unfortunately, I think it is part of the MH illness to have difficulties with this. Each person has there own weaknesses and coping difficulties. It is very hard for me to be alone and be at peace. I feel so isolated.

N

Nancourt

nothing feels like a safe port anymore. notthing seems worth while

J

Jay1976

nothing feels like a safe port anymore. notthing seems worth while
You said you have one good memory what was it? Is it too personal to share ? If it's powerful maybe you could revisit it like some kind of meditation , saying that out of experience, of course my heart broke when the person who I shared this memory of mine with changed the version to something so flip it's now a painful spot in my life . I thought I was happy then but really I was just foolish
Hope your memory is a happy one , recreate it in your head and revisit it everytime your thoughts overwhelm you. Might help, try atleast.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Depression Forum 9
G Depression Forum 7
C Depression Forum 12
Anxiety girl 84 Depression Forum 27
SicklyBloom Depression Forum 6