• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Im done

T

Thelonelyone22

Im done, because i will soon loose my vision completely, and then many things will be impossible to do.

I will also never live a fullfilling life, as a blind person, and never achieve my Goals

So what to do if youre going blind?

K

karl7

@Thelonelyone22 ,,,,im sorry youre having such a tough time lately.....is there any way you can up your medicaton....also would a stay in a psych hospital help

J

JeanPierre

I'm so sorry.
What is this eye problem that is causing you to go blind?
Your age ?
We all want to try to help.
Peace,

T

treasurebox

Know that there is life even after losing a vision. I have seen people that are blind who are happy. In fact, people that have lost their vision can be successful like there is this one lady who graduated with honors. Search the internet for ways a blind person can be happy and successful.

Tawny

Tawny

Taking a break
Im 21, its an eye injury.
Are you going to have a guide dog?

I saw two blind teenagers, well partially sighted maybe, couldn't tell, but they both had white sticks with balls I the tip. They were talking, walking in the sunshine, shopping presumably.

We all have our own problems in life. Some unfairly have more.

J

JeanPierre

At 21 that would feel catastrophic. Both eyes? Complete?
I'm so sorry.
But what does your eye illness and, 'I'm done' have to do with each other?
You cannot allow yourself to want to die at 21.
Come on now.
We all are here and listening.

T

Thelonelyone22

Yeha but you will always be lonely if you go blind, thats the issue.

T

The_Sun_Shines

Im done, because i will soon loose my vision completely, and then many things will be impossible to do.

I will also never live a fullfilling life, as a blind person, and never achieve my Goals

So what to do if youre going blind?
I have seen blind people recognising people they know in town and smiling and laughing with them. The woman had no eyes at all. She was a very happy person and this was right the first 2020 lockdown. Happiness comes from within. In the same way, search “amazing people” (I think thats the name of the series) and you’ll see various people with many disabilities and health conditions who remain very motivated a.
One i remember that stands out is a man with no legs, and only a stump for one arm who could swim unaided!
Never underestimate inner joy and what you are capable of with a positive attitude.
I personally think the best cure for depression is exercise.

T

Thelonelyone22

I have seen blind people recognising people they know in town and smiling and laughing with them. The woman had no eyes at all. She was a very happy person and this was right the first 2020 lockdown. Happiness comes from within. In the same way, search “amazing people” (I think thats the name of the series) and you’ll see various people with many disabilities and health conditions who remain very motivated a.
One i remember that stands out is a man with no legs, and only a stump for one arm who could swim unaided!
Never underestimate inner joy and what you are capable of with a positive attitude.
I personally think the best cure for depression is exercise.
You will be lonely if you become blind, very lonely.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hey :) Sorry to hear - it sounds like you're preparing for quite a big change in your life, and that can be quite stressful. I know someone in a similar situation - what really helped them is sharing their experiences with others, and listening to stories from other people who've been affected in a similar way, and how they live their lives and achieve their goals despite the setback. I think that would be a good way to see that you can still lead a really fulfilling and successful life even if you lose your sight <3

J

JeanPierre

Your fear is to be lonely and blind.
I hear that.
You feel people will not care if you go blind?

T

Thelonelyone22

Hey :) Sorry to hear - it sounds like you're preparing for quite a big change in your life, and that can be quite stressful. I know someone in a similar situation - what really helped them is sharing their experiences with others, and listening to stories from other people who've been affected in a similar way, and how they live their lives and achieve their goals despite the setback. I think that would be a good way to see that you can still lead a really fulfilling and successful life even if you lose your sight <3
Even finding a partner?

A

Alwaysdepressed

Going blind is not a nice thing ,

You might no be able to see colour or people or nature outside but you will learn how to feel to read things and feel your loved ones faces to remember how they looked going blind is sad and horrible but you can try think positively about it might make a change don't end it all over going blind u can do this