• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm depressed

Parissa

Parissa

New anti depressant I thought was working but today I am depressed. The psychiatrist said we might increase it but I wasn't sure. Now I'm sure. I can't do this again. Go through this. Spent too much of my life depressed.
:cry2:

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Aww i'm sorry you're having a bad time.
I'm sure you know from experience that it's difficult to find the right medication and the right dose.
I really hope that whether it's decided the dose increases or not, that things start to get better. :hug1:

L

lovagemuffin

things will get better again it just doesn't feel like it will when your in it:yuck:
its horrible but it will go away:hug1:

E

echo66

You have my sympathies Parissa... sometimes it can take several goes at trying different ADs before finding one that works ok, and when you do find one, they can take weeks to work at a therapeutic level, so don't be disheartened. You don't say how long you've been on it for, but you say 'new' so I'm assuming not very long. Sometimes it takes an inordinate amount of patience, but that might be what is required here. ADs are not 'magic pills' and won't miraculously make everything better, they just lift your mood enough to enable you to cope with things until life takes a turn for the better.

I hope you will start to feel better soon hun.

Kind thoughts
Echo

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hopeing your mood has lifted a little :)

Parissa

Parissa

You are all very kind. I've been constantly in bed and unable to eat. Just come online to cancel a christmas meet up with a friend next week so thought i'd drop by. Going back to bed in a min. Psychiatrist increased anti depressant. Am moderately depressed apparently. Hopefully it won't take long. Be back soon.

Love Parissa

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Lots of love, care and concern for you xxx

Parissa

Parissa

That's very kind of you. Psychiatrist has given me more lorazepam to get through until the anti depressat starts to work. I should feel better by next weekend. I want to lay in bed all the time but am trying to lay on the sofa and watch TV because in bed my thoughts are negative and unpleasant. Better to be distracted. I feel i've spent so many years of my life depressed. I was just starting to get my life back together too. It's so upsetting being ill again.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Hope the increase in anti d helps. I know it is so hard if you feel you are getting somewhere and then you fall. Sending hugs:hug5:

mami5

mami5

Hope you do manage to distract yourself from all the negative thoughts. :hug: Hopefully this is just a blip and that the increased dose will help get you better again.

Sending you hugs to help lift your mood. :hug5: :hug5: :hug5: :hug5:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Parissa

Parissa

Very kind of you both. I am eating a little more. It is day 3 of the increase. I was told it'd take a week or two to feel better. Slept well on zopiclone. Lay in bed listening to music to keep my thoughts on the tune rather than the past. Keep remembering the past but trying to keep distracted. At least i can come on the laptop now. That's a little progress. I ate breakfast, still feel sick after eating but have a tiny appetite back.

So sick of this illness. How it ruins my life. Have had to rearrage Christmas plans. People are saying stupid things to me like pray more, eat certain foods, am i sure i don't have flu. It pisses me off i have to tell them it is a depressive illness, it is my brain. The stigma relating to depression is hurtful. In past episodes i have had psychosis and then they didn't come anywhere near me, kept their children away from me. Stigma again. It's very wrong. Flu, my goodness, no i don't have flu, i think i'd know the difference!

mami5

mami5

Glad you're starting to feel better already. Hopefully things will keep improving for you as it's still early days since you've increased your dosage.

Depression is a terrible illness and people don't understand what it's like to suffer from it unless they've had it themselves. I've also had psychosis from bad spells of depression and my daughter still doesn't trust me on my own with her kids.

Wishing you a speedy recovery :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Parissa

Parissa

That's sad mami, and very unfair.

The psychiatrist said things like increased appetite, better sleep and less anxiety would come quickly but it would take longer for the depression itself. I feel less achey and am sleeping better. I've also had dinner although still felt sick, but had a muffin too, actually fancied it, and didn't feel sick. I can sit upright now too. I'm watching crappy Christmas movies and resting. I feel a little bit better. A little. I just want to get these tablets in me so they can start working.

:hug:

Love Parissa

mami5

mami5

Glad you seem to be on the mend. Being able to get out of bed and eating is a big step forward for you. Long may it last and continue to improve. :hug: :hug: :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Parissa

Parissa

It is a step in the right direction. Last night i felt on the verge of normal but this morning again i feel dreadful, slow, unable to go out. I have to drive today, i need milk, but i just cannot face it yet. I will stay in until later and hope again i will start to feel better later in the day. I feel so weak. I'm trying not to fall into the negative thinking trap but the longer this depression goes on the harder that is. When in hospital i was severely depressed and not eating, the psychiatrist the other day said moderately depressed. They said it is fairly normal to respond to the anti depressant quickly and strongly for some people, but then to sink again, and that is why we have increased it. Apparently i was on a low dose anyway, and now i'm on an average dose. It's just taking too long. I keep forgetting i'm depressed and try to get up as if i have energy and then realise i don't have any. I've got to rest. Good thing is i slept last night without zopiclone and didn't take lorazepam all day. I woke about 5am though.