I'm creating a platform for myself...

MajorMoody

MajorMoody

Hey guys and gals, my name is Jared, and I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder back in 2009. I was 19. Over the years I've faced drug and alcohol abuse, depression, anxiety, delusions, homelessness, poverty, and back in '09, I was in a catatonic state, only barely being able to write my name on a piece of paper. I've learned a whole lot about myself along the way, using CBT and psycho-social rehabilitation programs to discover invaluable coping strategies and methods that have freed my soul. I have a knack at helping people demystify the process of making a solid recovery. I want to create a YouTube channel where I will go in-depth, describing my own experiences, and what I have done personally to help myself through rough patches along the way. It should be up within the next month or so, hence, I will try and make myself comfortable on this forum, participating here and there. My question is, do you have any ideas that could be possibly made a reality on my channel? Perhaps some kernel of wisdom or tip that could help me along the way? Anything! I just want to get some feedback before I jump in feet-first.

Last edited by a moderator:
NWiddi

NWiddi

Welcome to the forums Jared, it sounds like you've been through such a lot in just 9 years.

I look forward to seeing what videos you post on Youtube.

schizolanza

schizolanza

The problem is noone gives a shit. So why bother?

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

:welcome: to the forum. I sounds like you have been through a lot but you are coming out of the bright end of the tunnel.

I recommend that if people with a mental illness are not able to function well enough to maintain a full or part time job, then they can try volunteering somewhere. For me this got me out of the house and interacting with the world again. Before this, I mostly sat in my chair all day listening to the voices and thinking about my delusions. Getting out of the house and interacting with other people forced me to be distracted from my illness and because of this I believe I don't have as many symptoms.

Several books I've read in the past said that when hospitals would take patients out on excursions into the community, even many of the patients would be suddenly acting symptom free and mostly normal when out and about.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Schizoaffective Forum 2