• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm bored

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I'm having one of those days where I feel okay and sometimes I think these days are worse!! Its a lovely day outside but I can't leave my house to enjoy it and the walls are closing in on me. Its days like this I think I'm just a lazy sod and I should be out trying to get a job or out working and not piling the pressure on my husband to pay the bills. But then I also know I can't go out so how can I possibly go to work!! I wish there was some kind of work I could do from home so that I didn't feel so much of a failure!! Sorry - I'm rambling again, just ignore me!!

D

Dollit

Why can't you go out - can you not even sit on the step? I spend all my summer evenings sitting on the step with a cup of tea, a book and a cat. Sometimes I even stop daydreaming long enough to read the book!

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I live in a flat and I'm surrounded by nosy neighbours - no malice in them, just elderly well meaning people. If anyone starts to talk to me then all the blood rushes to my head and I feel as though I'm going to pass out. This happens anytime I leave the house on my own then I end up in full blown panic attack and have a headache for ages. Then beat myself up for days for being stupid, I used to be a really confident person and don't understand why I can't get back to my former confidence.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
ps dollit, how did the meeting go last night - did it rain just before you left the house?

D

Dollit

I understand. I don't use the laundry here because I have bad eczema and other people's soap powder is left behind and brings me out in a rash. Also it's quite a confined space and I hate getting trapped in there with someone who wants to talk or expects me to know all the gossip. As you say, well meaning but very overwhelming.

D

Dollit

No it didn't rain and I managed to get a perfect photo of the sun setting on the river on my way there! The meeting was hell but then that one always is. It's divided in to us and them - the tenants v the landlord and even though I'm an us (a tenant) I'm often there as an expert speaker which makes me a "them"! My life is fun!

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I need to go to a meeting with my hubby tonight and I'm just hoping it won't be too busy - I'll need to take a few proprananol before I go!! My little girls school is being amalgamated with another school which is in a very bad area down the road from us. The parents are not amused. They are also putting it in the grounds of the local high school and the kids will be able to mix with the older kids who hang around smoking and doing god knows what else!!