• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

im beyond scared

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i started to panic in the early hours that they would take her from me
or i would have to move house

how can i train her not to bark?
i bought some puzzle games for her x

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

They can not just come snatch her in the night without your knowledge or consent. Lunar lady seemed to know a lot about the codes and ordinances, and it doesn't seem like your baby is going against any of those. You just have a neighbor who like drama and want to have some with you. But if you still interested in training you might have to settle for YouTube videos and books. I am not sure of your areas current situation but with the virus there might not be many training classes open. Where I am, one of the bigger pet supply stores used to offer classes.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i don't feel well
im scared im really scared
if i can't stop her barking i don't know what will happen :cry:

i have been thinking about it and although it isn't prolonged it can be a few times during the day for short periods
do you think i should stop her from going in the garden

im feeling like i need to take another overdose im so sos scared

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

nobody can take her away from you Lu if she just barking occasionally :hug:

if she was barking 24/7 they could but barking is what dogs do and if the owner of the dog is visibly working at minimising the barking through training, thats not a reason for them to take Star from you :hug:

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I live on a housing association estate. There are dogs next door that bark, although they do stop when their owner tells them to. There are maybe four other dogs in the gardens behind my flat and they bark often. Sometimes it is constant for an hour and so annoying, but i accept that is just what dogs do. If there is an ice cream van, they will all bark for about ten minutes after it has gone.

There are also kids who kick their balls at the kerbs outside and that is such a horrible noise. There is a neighbour who plays quite loud music every afternoon, often the same lot of tracks. Before him there was a woman who played her music extremely loud for about an hour a day but people accepted it because she drank heavily.

There were drug addicts across the way and they would drive their cars very fast, shout at people and make so much noise outside during the summer. The smell of weed was not nice.

There is a woman in another house who has schizophrenia but won't take her medication, according to the pcso. She has smashed a window in the past, she does so much around here to upset people but the police and HA protect her i think. She has lived here for about ten years i think.

There is one house that has had some major parties. Another has BBQs every weekend with friends over for drinks. Another who has fires all the time to burn rubbish or other things so lots of white smoke.

I really don't think you have anything to worry about. If you can, stand up to this woman and say well at least i don't play loud music or do repairs on my car until gone midnight.

Noise abatement notices, you should google that, the noise has to be severe and there is a section about barking dogs. You don't have anything to worry about.

There is an elderly man around the corner who has a dog that barks when people walk past on the pavement. There are some louts who live a few gardens down who shout 'shut up' in their drunken state. I heard the old man say 'come on you, stop barking' very quietly to his dog. I would prefer a barking dog than to live next door to people who are nasty.

I am sure there are many people like me where you live. One person complains, everyone else probably doesn't mind. Dogs are great protection for us. If there is a fire, a burglar, someone hurt, they will bark and let everyone know.

Don't let a bully, bully you. What about her nastiness? You could report that, as much as she could report you. You are allowed a dog and dogs are allowed to bark. You are not allowed to be nasty to people and make them feel uncomfortable where they live.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Car repairs in a council car park or on driveways is not allowed. The council let everyone do it though.

You have a mental health diagnosis so you do have a bit more protection that a person without one.

Keep a note of all interactions with her, date and time.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Obedience training
routine/meal times
I know nothing about dogs but next door's are so obedient and stop barking straight away. He just says 'dog's name' each time it barked. Eventually it stopped as soon as he said the name once. It took about a year but gradually improved.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

thanks so much everyone
Tawny your first post was amazing-it really has helped settle me
(everyone has helped)

where you live sounds exactly like where i live

yesterday she didn't bark at all
im going to be honest and say she has been barking quite a bit today because hermit moved in with all his stuff and there were strangers in the house and she was excited to see hermit x

thank god he is back ,i feel calmer now but what would stress me is if hermit were worried to
he says he is not
hermit is urban hermit on here my boyfriend if anyone wonders who hermit is!
not showing off lol its just some people who are new might not know him and we are together and think hermit is a tortoise or something! x

JessisMe

JessisMe

I live on a housing association estate. There are dogs next door that bark, although they do stop when their owner tells them to. There are maybe four other dogs in the gardens behind my flat and they bark often. Sometimes it is constant for an hour and so annoying, but i accept that is just what dogs do. If there is an ice cream van, they will all bark for about ten minutes after it has gone.

There are also kids who kick their balls at the kerbs outside and that is such a horrible noise. There is a neighbour who plays quite loud music every afternoon, often the same lot of tracks. Before him there was a woman who played her music extremely loud for about an hour a day but people accepted it because she drank heavily.

There were drug addicts across the way and they would drive their cars very fast, shout at people and make so much noise outside during the summer. The smell of weed was not nice.

There is a woman in another house who has schizophrenia but won't take her medication, according to the pcso. She has smashed a window in the past, she does so much around here to upset people but the police and HA protect her i think. She has lived here for about ten years i think.

There is one house that has had some major parties. Another has BBQs every weekend with friends over for drinks. Another who has fires all the time to burn rubbish or other things so lots of white smoke.

I really don't think you have anything to worry about. If you can, stand up to this woman and say well at least i don't play loud music or do repairs on my car until gone midnight.

Noise abatement notices, you should google that, the noise has to be severe and there is a section about barking dogs. You don't have anything to worry about.

There is an elderly man around the corner who has a dog that barks when people walk past on the pavement. There are some louts who live a few gardens down who shout 'shut up' in their drunken state. I heard the old man say 'come on you, stop barking' very quietly to his dog. I would prefer a barking dog than to live next door to people who are nasty.

I am sure there are many people like me where you live. One person complains, everyone else probably doesn't mind. Dogs are great protection for us. If there is a fire, a burglar, someone hurt, they will bark and let everyone know.

Don't let a bully, bully you. What about her nastiness? You could report that, as much as she could report you. You are allowed a dog and dogs are allowed to bark. You are not allowed to be nasty to people and make them feel uncomfortable where they live.
I bark when the ice cream van comes around too. 😊

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
A raspberry is what she deserves

I only could understand because i have been through all that with my previous cat who used to meow outside my very patient and kind neighbour's front door. Even she was irritated although it was always very early in the morning.

That neighbour of yours though, try to be polite and civil so you don't have trouble with her, but certainly keep her at arms length and don't let her into your circle (or your mind).

That old man up the road though, i felt so sad for him that day and wished i was a massive 6ft 25 year old man, who could walk into that garden of louts and give him a piece of my mind. The old man knows it is better to keep quiet and not react, with certain types of people.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Maybe he/she was picking up on your anxiety over the barking, or maybe over the moving in of what i thought initially was Kermit. Very confusing when half asleep.

Good luck with the new relationship. They are hard work and living with someone is hard work too. Don't put him on your tenancy ;) you might want to kick him out of he keeps leaving his smelly socks around.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Depression Forum 12
S Depression Forum 3
M Depression Forum 6
avj2123 Depression Forum 5
R Depression Forum 5