• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm back.

X

xxxmetal-chickxxx

So I was told by the gp that I have postnatal depression, all in all I agree with him. I didn't at first but I now look back and realize that I probably do. I have 3 children 6,3 & my youngest being 7 months old. & I love them all lots. I have had spouts of depression over the years since I was 12.

I don't even know where to begin, I feel so bad that I'm constantly angry especially at my 6 year old, she doesn't deserve to be shouted at for petty things.
My youngest is hard work, she was a colicky baby & a poorly baby (meaning she catches colds like nothing) so she's hard work anyway. I'm being medicated for it but it's not touching it ATM. I hate myself for thinking that my youngest is a massive chore that I have to do. No mother should ever think that about her child so why do I think it. I used to SH and over the years I was able to cope without it. But at this very moment every day is a struggle not to listen to that little voice telling me I'm worthless and should do the deed. :cry:

I want to think positive for my 3 children but all I want to do is crawl up in bed and sleep. I can't do this however as I don't have the time. I'm running myself into a hole. I'm finding it really hard :(

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hi. I don't think we 'met' when you were here before, but anyways, welcome back.

I'm sorry to hear that you've got post-natal depression, though perhaps it might come as a relief for you to understand what's being going on for you?

In your post i'm picking up on a lot of guilt and perhaps you being a bit harsh on yourself about what you "should" or "should not" do.
It sounds like you are really struggling, especially with the thoughts you are having about not wanting to be here.
And so I think it's really important to remind yourself you are doing the best you can and that making it through one more day is a big victory for you.

How long have you been on the medication, by the way? As i'm sure you know it can take a while before you notice a difference.
I hope you start to feel better soon and that you are getting enough support. x

T

Tinero

Hi Sara! My name is Tony and I have some simple recipes for making your life better. It's contain two main things: happiness process & goals/wishes.

Happiness process include:
- Adventures and new impressions.
- Hobbies, entrainment and all that you do with enthusiasm.
- Entertainment: music, movies, humor (anecdotes, jokes), communication (companionship) and another.
- Do something in that you talented and what you are doing well.
- Think that you can do something that you need do with pleasure.
- Love. Share your love with someone. Do something for someone (with love).

Rule: Every time, when you do or need to do something, do one action from this list and try to do all these things and balanse all these elements in your life.

Goals/wishes:
Your first goal is to make you feel better. Then you can create new goals and wishes that can make your life better.
When you work on something of your goals/wishes write 3 things:
- Goals: what you want to receive.
- Complexity: what problems you have with this.
- Tasks: simple tasks and instructions.
The filling of this elements you can do everything with the flow (ask google about it).
First of all you need to solve all crisis problems.

If you don't know how to do something of that you can search information about it in google.

Sorry for my English if I made mistakes. Ask me if you have questions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Depression Forum 9
G Depression Forum 7
C Depression Forum 12
Anxiety girl 84 Depression Forum 27
SicklyBloom Depression Forum 6