im ashamed of myself

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi Fairy Lu,

Sorry to hear you feel that way, but you're not alone - in fact, it's not uncommon that people in pain struggle to see others' pain, and that's because you're simply focused on trying to deal with your own pain! The fact that you find it difficult, rather than saying that you refuse to do so, tells me that you're trying. And that's not a bad thing - that's a good thing! Just do your best to be your best, because that's all we can do!x

Much love <3

Lilbubble

Lilbubble

when im really struggling or have a lot going on i find it difficult to see other peoples pain
i wish i was a better person :low:
Aww Lu please try not to see what you do this way.

Someone I know has a son that has asperger and autism he is highly dependant on her(a single parent) she struggles to cope as it is, yet she is a super people pleaser, puts everyone else before herself, running errands, listening to their problems, doing practice chores for them with little thanks and pretty much nothing in return. Yet she continues to do it until she crashes and burns and can't cope any longer, bottles it all up and is a complete stresshead. At this point, I feel bad as I can't even speak to her on the phone , it's overbearing and adds way too much to my own stress. I feel bad I can't talk to her and help but it's done through self preservation not selfishness.

Self preservation is a good and important thing and it'll all you are doing so don't beat yourself up over it x

S

scarecrowsyn

Personally, I often find that I seem to randomly switch in and out of having empathy and having none. This has lead to me suddenly not caring about people who I love and who love and depend on me. Obviously I don't care about it when this is happening, but I feel absolutely horrible when my empathy switches back on - like, how could I possibly have felt that way? What does that say about me?

You're certainly not alone in this. Dissociation is hard to live with when it's transient. Just remember that it's part of the illness, not a judgement of your character as a person.