• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm always depressed.

frisas45

frisas45

Every evening, I feel no happiness. I take walks, and I feel no joy.

I can figure out why; I've been dealing with a lot of shit recently. Delusional mother who distrusts me, the heavy responsibility, the schoolwork, all that crap is fucking me up. A month ago, my mother went on a ranting binge every single day, and I had to take sole responsibility- family couldn't do shit. Although she recovered, classes are still tough because I couldn't understand Korean.

I have to do a lot of tests and shit and I have to do more assignments. It depresses me.

I'm 100% sure I'm burnt out. Even taking rest don't help- a few days don't do anything because my college pumps me too much assignments. I need a month off. But is it enough?

L

LokiPokey75

I'm so sorry to hear that frisas45! I've been depressed very much in my life and it's a painful empty feeling. I'm sure you feel like life is out of your control and there's nothing you can do to change the direction you're going. I think right now, you might want to look into getting some therapy. It's a very effective way to cleanse your soul by venting your daily burdens.

I don't want you to feel alone with your problems. If you can find somebody that understands what you're going through and can listen to you, it will at least give you some peace of mind.

Taking time off might help, but unless you address the underlying problems stoking your depression, it probably won't be enough. You need to decided how you can change the way you think about your life (and maybe what relational ties you need to cut) in order to have a clear conscious. I don't know your situation, but identifying the core reason you're depressed is going to help you take action to make your life better. It may take a lot of soul-searching because it's usually much deeper than just a surface-level fear, but it's worth it.

I hope you find the support you need to lead a stronger, better life. We're here to help answer any of your questions.

Good luck and stay safe!