• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm afraid

C

charon88

I self harm. Sometimes, I do it because it makes me feel better.Other times I do it when I have blackouts and have no recollection of it. I also do it because things tell me to. Sometimes, I'm strong enough to ignore it, but now it's getting to a point where I'm losing control. For example, I can be walking in the street, and someone will look at me. Not in a bad way or anything, just normally. Something tells me to do things which are absolutely horrible. I went to my doctors 5 months ago, and told him everything. I received no help whatsoever. Now it has escalated to the point of where I am being told to seriously hurt others, and in some cases, kill them. I have the strangest desire to do this. I really, really want to live my life, I'm only 21 for gods sake. But I'm too afraid to go back to my doctors with this, especially since it has now evolved into something far more serious. What will happen to me if I tell my GP this? I won't be arrested or anything will I? I just need help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

v01ce5

v01ce5

Hi Charon

It is understandable that you are fearful, many voice hearers feel the same way. Check out this advice from a voice hearer from New Zealand, you may find it helpful - let me know what you think.

Best wishes

Paul

"Voice Hearers have many different views about their voices. But regardless of what that is, there are certain factors that are important to gaining control over them. Firstly, because they are a voice, it does not mean that they are more powerful, or that they deserve more power over your life than you do.

Secondly as the voices exist in your energy or mind (others around you don’t hear them),

1) You must accept responsibility for them.

2) They must be taught how to behave in a way that is acceptable to you.

Research shows that voice hearers who aren’t distressed have similar experiences to those who are. The difference is how they deal with their voices. They set more boundaries, listen selectively, feel stronger and more in control and have a wider range of coping strategies.

We will share a few simple exercises that you can do, that may help you to cope with your voices better. In some cases this does not mean fighting the voices, but doing things that strengthen "you".

See full article here

mytearsarereal

mytearsarereal

Founding Member
I used to hear voices before they put me on mirtazapine, now I don't hear any voices at all. Maybe the meds help, I dunno, but my voices have been silenced for now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Hearing Voices Forum 3
ABell Hearing Voices Forum 8