• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Im afraid to sleep at night in my bed

L

Lab rat

Just because someone in a dream tells me to do something, it doesn’t mean that i will. I have far too many years of experience with this illness to fall for that

Z

Zoe1

k but I don't know you and I have to say that

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Just because someone in a dream tells me to do something, it doesn’t mean that i will. I have far too many years of experience with this illness to fall for that
Good I use to wake up from dreams and think they were real but not no more I 've aged out of that.

D

danmarkok89

Good I use to wake up from dreams and think they were real but not no more I 've aged out of that.

I still have dreams about smoking cannabis and I wake up and think "shit, i've been smoking weed!" and then think i'm going to fail a drug test and then after a little while I realise it was all a dream!

Mothman

Mothman

I relate powerfully, lab rat and it sounds like we are very kindred spirits. It may be difficult to at first implement but I figured out the following helped me more than anything any of the doctors told me:
1. REGULAR IRONCLAD SLEEP SCHEDULE
go to bed and get up at the same times every single day. I follow this above all else religiously. Implementing a ritual to get tired before sleep helped a lot too, I take melatonin and have a Chamomile tea while I relax and read or watch something for ~1hr before sleep
2. Stay away from alcohol, and if you do drink, do not so it within 4 hrs of bedtime
3. Do not eat soon before bed
Try your best to get on track and get some sleep, even if it means being attacked by the hallucinations at first.
Before fixing it I got to where I was drinking an enormous amount of caffeine and alcohol to get by, and was getting less than ten hrs of sleep a week, the hallucinations just got worse and worse and started leaking into the daytime more and more and I finally popped. Even if its scary it'll only get worse if you give in to them and stop sleeping out of fear.

L

Lab rat

I guess im at number 3, the hallucinations are starting to leak out

ht46

ht46

yeah let your doctor know. but i sometime shave particular hallucinations that last months and then clear up
Yeah I was talking to my case manager he said even medicated there's a few symptoms that slip through, for me it's this telepathic paranoia shit it's getting old.

L

lifecangetbetter

Yeah I was talking to my case manager he said even medicated there's a few symptoms that slip through, for me it's this telepathic paranoia shit it's getting old.
Same here. It removed the demon residing in my stomach but I still hear what my brain interprets as thoughts and they are really abusive

L

Lab rat

Thanks @singsongfun

Don’t really know how to describe what’s going on now, words fail me and my thinking is blocked. Things have got exponentially worse 😞

D

danmarkok89

Thanks @singsongfun

Don’t really know how to describe what’s going on now, words fail me and my thinking is blocked. Things have got exponentially worse 😞

Can you take some deep breaths ie 3-5 deep breaths for a calming effect? sometimes it can help me get perspective and even distance myself a bit from my problems, no matter how troubling...

are you seeking help for your problems? it's not about risk that i'm saying this, i'm just thinking that it's not good that you're suffering so much, sounds like you need a break from it all...

S

singsongfun

Thanks @singsongfun

Don't be afraid to ask about going under the home treatment team or into hospital for a bit.
Take care.