• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm afraid of the dark...tell no one.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
I find that my nightmares have an almost (yet truly surreal and tunnel-visioned) accurate display of what I deal with and try to subdue during waking hours.
Lately, instead of pushing them away...I try to see & hear what they are telling me. It's all so abstract, but if I break it down it tells me things I need to know about how my head (and heart) are really working. It's scarey, confusing sometimes, but I usually get something positive & concrete out of my own dream analysis. It's not something to be avoided.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
No replies is a real shame...don't be afraid of me please.
I try to fall asleep every night with a small lamp on and my TV set to shut off in 90 minutes.

I was tormented as a child (in the dark). Go wonder.

It's like admitting that you pee'd the bed beyond a certain age. Aren't we here for that? Something like that?

M

mad as a hatter

i,m also the same terribly afraid off the dark since i was a child i don,t know why can,t think off ne thing i alsosleep with the light on 2

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
i,m also the same terribly afraid off the dark since i was a child i don,t know why can,t think off ne thing i alsosleep with the light on 2
Thank you for that, Mad as a Hatter....it does help to know one is not alone (for whatever reasons we suffer these things...). :hug:

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I love the dark!! To just be able to slip into it is my haven. I've got blackout blinds and I need to have my door shut so no light can get in.
I sympathise with the nightmares, I'm having the same recurrent nightmare when I actually get some sleep and even when I wake up from it and go back to sleep the nightmare just continues - haha a bit like my life really!!!

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
I love the dark!! To just be able to slip into it is my haven. I've got blackout blinds and I need to have my door shut so no light can get in.
I sympathise with the nightmares, I'm having the same recurrent nightmare when I actually get some sleep and even when I wake up from it and go back to sleep the nightmare just continues - haha a bit like my life really!!!

Strange,...
I've got all those black-out things too (migraine), but when it comes to nighttime...I'm a mess because of what my father & older brother did to me. If it weren't for them,...I'd cherish the sounds of the toads & crickets.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Bloody families - they have a lot to answer for!!:(