I'm afraid it's all my fault

K

Kenza

I've been feeling off lately with no particular reason and I hate myself for it I hate that I don't feel normal I hate that I don't have energy I hate that I'm overeating I feel so angry and irratated with myself. Nothing brings me joy I feel worthless. I feel guilty for feeling bad. I will soon be back to school it's my last year of high school and I should focus on my studies to get into a good university instead I'm struggling with my mental health. It's jus exhausting and lonely.

A

AL123

Hi Kenza. You should never hate yourself. Has anything caused the way you are feeling ?

JustAnotherHuman

JustAnotherHuman

Hey Kenza, honestly I often feel the same about myself. I hate that I overeat and that I get easily irritated nowadays. But if there’s one thing I’ve realised is that we’ve got to be kind and fair on ourselves. This kinda stuff may seem like it’s come out of nowhere, but it may have come from somewhere we don’t realise or has come from any stress and frustration that’s been built up over the years. It can end up overwhelming us, and our bodies are doing their best to try and cope with it. So if we put ourselves down because our bodies best isn’t good enough, then it’s just gonna add more stress and frustration to the overwhelming pile.

It’s a learning process though. I’m still learning how to love myself more each day, and it isn’t easy. I hope that one day you’ll be able to be kinder to yourself. I also hope your studies go well, and that you’re able to put your hard work into it. If you’re ever struggling again and need help, we’re here to help you, even if it is just by providing hugs :hug:

K

Kenza

Hey Kenza, honestly I often feel the same about myself. I hate that I overeat and that I get easily irritated nowadays. But if there’s one thing I’ve realised is that we’ve got to be kind and fair on ourselves. This kinda stuff may seem like it’s come out of nowhere, but it may have come from somewhere we don’t realise or has come from any stress and frustration that’s been built up over the years. It can end up overwhelming us, and our bodies are doing their best to try and cope with it. So if we put ourselves down because our bodies best isn’t good enough, then it’s just gonna add more stress and frustration to the overwhelming pile.

It’s a learning process though. I’m still learning how to love myself more each day, and it isn’t easy. I hope that one day you’ll be able to be kinder to yourself. I also hope your studies go well, and that you’re able to put your hard work into it. If you’re ever struggling again and need help, we’re here to help you, even if it is just by providing hugs :hug:
Thank you for your kind words. And it's right it's a process and I'm still figuring things out it's just hard when nothing is enjoyable

L

LaughingLeah

Hi Kenza. I saw your post and just wanted to let you know that it's not your fault that you feel that way. I'm kind of in the same situation as you as I have to finish the last two years of school and figure out what I want to do with my life. It's all apart of our individual journey and we learn a lot from our feelings and failures. I've matured a lot ever since I started wanting a change in my life and when you look back at those times you were down, you realize that it was worth it to get back up. You are not alone, stay strong Kenza🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

J

Jules5

Please be easier on yourself. No worries as Bob Marley would say-(Old school). Listen get your education -fight for it- just do it. These feelings of lack of enjoyment will pass. I am sure you have a ton of studying to do and this can be overwhelming. How many teachers do you have? Are you okay with your credits to graduate? Focus on school for now. When the paychecks start coming in then you can race around and have so much fun. 1 year left that is incredible. I have a 15 year old son just starting High School he is a nervous wreck. I had to take him to the doctor today because he keeps having an upset-stomach stress related I am sure. Although now he has to go through blood work and a stool sample-he is freakin out-no one ever took blood from him before nor his poop. I am not sure what to do-I know he is stressed and having anxiety attacks at the new school. I quit in the 8th grade due to the stress. You have made it a long way so stay focused. Love and hugs Jules Pray for my son ......

K

Kenza

Hi Kenza. I saw your post and just wanted to let you know that it's not your fault that you feel that way. I'm kind of in the same situation as you as I have to finish the last two years of school and figure out what I want to do with my life. It's all apart of our individual journey and we learn a lot from our feelings and failures. I've matured a lot ever since I started wanting a change in my life and when you look back at those times you were down, you realize that it was worth it to get back up. You are not alone, stay strong Kenza🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗
Yeah that's true I just regret not studying enough these last years

K

Kenza

Please be easier on yourself. No worries as Bob Marley would say-(Old school). Listen get your education -fight for it- just do it. These feelings of lack of enjoyment will pass. I am sure you have a ton of studying to do and this can be overwhelming. How many teachers do you have? Are you okay with your credits to graduate? Focus on school for now. When the paychecks start coming in then you can race around and have so much fun. 1 year left that is incredible. I have a 15 year old son just starting High School he is a nervous wreck. I had to take him to the doctor today because he keeps having an upset-stomach stress related I am sure. Although now he has to go through blood work and a stool sample-he is freakin out-no one ever took blood from him before nor his poop. I am not sure what to do-I know he is stressed and having anxiety attacks at the new school. I quit in the 8th grade due to the stress. You have made it a long way so stay focused. Love and hugs Jules Pray for my son ......
Yeah I have a TON of studying to do. Praying for your son ❤

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Depression Forum 0
B Depression Forum 1
FindingTheMeaning Depression Forum 5
SavageMoonlight Depression Forum 4
HumanPerson Depression Forum 6