I'm a piece of garbage and ruined my life

Z

Ziggy123

I had a great relationship with a guy I loved so much and wanted to marry. He was a great boyfriend and loved me even though I knew I never deserved him. We were together for 3 years. I fucked up and cheated on him once with another guy I had a crush on. It was an impulse decision and I regret it so much. I told him the truth and tried to fix it but he broke up with me as I deserved and now is going to replace me with a better girl, someone who won't hurt him and is better than me. I know it's my fault and I can't fix my mistake trust me I have tried. Seeing how much I hurt him made me realize what a horrible person I am. I just want to get hit by a truck and die so the world will be a better place with one less piece of human garbage on it. Feel free to be mean to me in comments I deserve it.

F

FindPeaceWithMeditation

Hi Ziggy,
I extend kindness and compassion to you. I hope you can find it in you to be kind to yourself and forgive yourself. This is the best thing you can do for both yourself and others. When you can give unconditional love to yourself, then you can do so with others.
Certain actions cause suffering but that does not mean the person who committed that action is "bad". That action does not define you. Years ago, I was the "other guy" to my best friend's girlfriend. I learned to let go of guilt and forgive myself. Guilt is an unhelpful emotion that actually just holds us back. When we begin to let it go, we start to feel peace, and we can extend that peace to others. Peace comes from a clear understanding of reality, of ourselves, and when we're clinging to judgments about ourselves or our past we cannot see clearly. When I began to change this habit and stopped thinking of myself as a bad and undeserving person, I actually became a much kinder, more helpful and more peaceful person.
The practices of mindfulness and meditation helped me tremendously with learning to accept myself and reality itself. These practices train our minds to handle thoughts and emotions in a healthy way - letting them come, seeing them as they are, and letting them go. If you want more information on these practices, please send me a message!
Wishing you peace!

Last edited: