I'm 19 and don't know what to do with my life

B

Buddy1

Hi all. Really sorry for the long post. Over the last little while I've been thinking a lot more about what to do with my life. I'm currently at a local university, feel a bit lost and it's causing me to feel really down and insecure.

When I think about what I want in my life it's this: to build a rugby career at a higher level, to have a job that I enjoy, to have my own house and car. Currently none of those things are the case.

I've always played rugby but haven't ever made it higher than regional level when I was 16. I'm still playing but not at the standard I want to and don't really know how to make that next step up.

In terms of a job I'm currently doing a Sports Management degree. However, I know it's a really competitive field with few jobs. I'd love to own my own coffee shop but I just don't have the money obviously and don't see why a bank would bother giving someone like me a loan no matter what my business plan is like.

I want to learn to drive within the next 9 months or so. I've booked my theory test but because of my anxiety it's one of those things that's proving to be a bit of a challenge.

When I look around I feel like there are people who have achieved so much more than me. I put on an act but I'm really struggling and am constantly down. I'm not in great shape now and I just don't know what to do. I just want to make myself and my family proud and it's really bothering me.

Thanks for reading, just wanted to put this out there for myself really. Thanks again.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hello x
it seems like you have some good life plans in place even though you are struggling
im glad you have joined the forum and i hope you get the job you want

we will support you as much as we can
love fairy lu x