• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you thought you had a hidden camera in you.

T

Tvgirl

I
Hey Tvgirl! I never got the treatment I needed. Things got A LOT worse for me. One day a thought separate from my own in my head, came to me. It said I was NOT being spied on by cameras, but that it was a psychic telling the whole world everything I did. It said it had been brainwashed to torture me and it did. I spent 22 years believing this and living in a lot of pain. It stole my life from me, my friends and family. The psychic gradually became a voice that became very cruel. Then about 3 months ago, my son confided in a friend about my condition. His friend said that he thought I was possessed by a demon. I looked it up online and the symptoms included schizophrenia. It took about a month for me to really look at the possibility of schizophrenia. When I really looked at it and found testimonials from other paranoid schizophrenics, I started to believe. The more I read , the more I believed. My voice started losing its power over me. I was so desperate to feel better, I really forced myself to change my thoughts. Everything I had believed was false, a lie. I realized that the paranoid schizophrenia had stolen my life from me. I'm now 60 years old! In the process of fully realizing all of this I had several panic attacks and almost fainted at least 3 times. It's like a miracle that I am getting better. I can get my life back, be free of so much pain. Sorry this is so long. I can't say what might happen to you if you can't turn this around. I would start by finding testimonials from other paranoid schizophrenics so that you can believe what is happening to you is all in your head. That is the most important step. I'm praying for you, Tvgirl!
Are you from the U.S? I was thinking maybe people who are not from the U.S wouldnt know that I'm being broadcasted around the country. No offense. And why did your sons friend think you were possessed? What did you do around him?

T

Tvgirl

Hey Tvgirl! I never got the treatment I needed. Things got A LOT worse for me. One day a thought separate from my own in my head, came to me. It said I was NOT being spied on by cameras, but that it was a psychic telling the whole world everything I did. It said it had been brainwashed to torture me and it did. I spent 22 years believing this and living in a lot of pain. It stole my life from me, my friends and family. The psychic gradually became a voice that became very cruel. Then about 3 months ago, my son confided in a friend about my condition. His friend said that he thought I was possessed by a demon. I looked it up online and the symptoms included schizophrenia. It took about a month for me to really look at the possibility of schizophrenia. When I really looked at it and found testimonials from other paranoid schizophrenics, I started to believe. The more I read , the more I believed. My voice started losing its power over me. I was so desperate to feel better, I really forced myself to change my thoughts. Everything I had believed was false, a lie. I realized that the paranoid schizophrenia had stolen my life from me. I'm now 60 years old! In the process of fully realizing all of this I had several panic attacks and almost fainted at least 3 times. It's like a miracle that I am getting better. I can get my life back, be free of so much pain. Sorry this is so long. I can't say what might happen to you if you can't turn this around. I would start by finding testimonials from other paranoid schizophrenics so that you can believe what is happening to you is all in your head. That is the most important step. I'm praying for you, Tvgirl!
And also what was your delusion? What was it like,

J

JeanPierre

I

Are you from the U.S? I was thinking maybe people who are not from the U.S wouldnt know that I'm being broadcasted around the country. No offense. And why did your sons friend think you were possessed? What did you do around him?
I am from the US and for sure
I

I am from the U.S. and you are not being broadcasted around the country.
Promise. Get some rest. Everything is okay.
Get some rest. All is good.

J

JeanPierre

Nothing happening here in the US concerning you being broadcasted.
I thought you would like to know.
I hope your day goes well.
I'm a grandma, I can't help but care and keep you posted.

soul searching

soul searching

And also what was your delusion? What was it like,
My original delusion began with a conflict at work. It seemed like my co-workers were taking sides on the issue. Then it spread outside of my work. People, tv actors, singers were taking sides. There was stuff in magazines about it. It was in the news, One time I thought the news broadcaster was looking right at me. Then it got more personal, I would here things on the radio that "seemed" to be about what I was doing at that moment. Same thing with the tv. Everything I did "seemed" to be being told on tv, the radio, to co-workers. I thought there was a camera following me around. One time I threw away a brand new purse because I thought it was bugged. I lost my boyfriend, obviously you can't have much of a relationship if you feel like there are cameras spying on you. My father even paid a company to come to my apartment to check for any surveillance equipment. They said it was clean but I still believed I was being spied on. I was "the it girl" because I was the person everybody was spying on, (as in she's the one, she's it). I started not to want to go anywhere. I quit my job. Any way, for you to get well, I think you have to come to the realization that nobody is spying on you. Did you know that thinking there are cameras spying on you, is one of the classic symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia? There are at least hundreds of thousands of people who have felt this same way? If you look on the internet you can find stories of people with this same experience. I'm sure your therapist could give you some testimonies to read too. As real as it might seem because you've always trusted your own judgement before, its a delusion. Just a part of your brain that is messed up. If you want to get well, make the cameras go away, researching others who have experienced this might convince you. There is another girl on this forum, SaintO, having a very similar experience to you. You have nothing to lose by finding out about others with your same problem. The next step is changing your thoughts. Stop believing the false assumptions. You are making illogical connections to believe that this is happening to you. Your going to have to take a leap of faith here. This is your life! Wouldn't it be great if you could feel better. Wouldn't it be great to know that no one is spying on you? You could get your life back!

soul searching

soul searching

I

I didn't do anything around him. My son just told him that I hear a voice and that it tortures me.

K

Krissybabe2020

Yes. I heard people talking negative about me. I also thought that the TV was oriented around me , like things that were said had some sort of special significance to me.. I heard my name a few times on the TV and heard the people on the television making references to me and about my life... or things I would be doing... so what you're experiencing I can relate to.. I defeated it by removing the Television and entertainment for an extended amount of time.. I also thought I may of been hacked so I replace all my technological equipment.. cell phone , computer , anything and everything.. then after not watching the tv for about a year roughly , I started to get back into it.. and I didnt experience the same things as I use to.
I have the same as you I feel watched by big brother and I think everything on the tv is my reality. It leaves me terribly confused because when I read autobiographies about people who have been on big brother there is no evidence to prove that I am being watched.

I have 300mg of zuclopenthixol every week and this is an injection. It doesnt take my delusions away but it stops me running up and down my floor with a red face screaming big brother. I also feel that russell brand the comedian will come through my window and either burgle my flat or hurt me. It's hard to deal with these thoughts especially when it's dark and spooky outside.

I promise you lovely nobody is watching you and you dont see yourself on the news or in the newspapers do you? The television entertainment is on the tv for the public to watch and I can safely say that the tv has no significance in your life whatsoever.
I understand how you feel and hope you are safe and well?xxxxx

K

Krissybabe2020

My original delusion began with a conflict at work. It seemed like my co-workers were taking sides on the issue. Then it spread outside of my work. People, tv actors, singers were taking sides. There was stuff in magazines about it. It was in the news, One time I thought the news broadcaster was looking right at me. Then it got more personal, I would here things on the radio that "seemed" to be about what I was doing at that moment. Same thing with the tv. Everything I did "seemed" to be being told on tv, the radio, to co-workers. I thought there was a camera following me around. One time I threw away a brand new purse because I thought it was bugged. I lost my boyfriend, obviously you can't have much of a relationship if you feel like there are cameras spying on you. My father even paid a company to come to my apartment to check for any surveillance equipment. They said it was clean but I still believed I was being spied on. I was "the it girl" because I was the person everybody was spying on, (as in she's the one, she's it). I started not to want to go anywhere. I quit my job. Any way, for you to get well, I think you have to come to the realization that nobody is spying on you. Did you know that thinking there are cameras spying on you, is one of the classic symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia? There are at least hundreds of thousands of people who have felt this same way? If you look on the internet you can find stories of people with this same experience. I'm sure your therapist could give you some testimonies to read too. As real as it might seem because you've always trusted your own judgement before, its a delusion. Just a part of your brain that is messed up. If you want to get well, make the cameras go away, researching others who have experienced this might convince you. There is another girl on this forum, SaintO, having a very similar experience to you. You have nothing to lose by finding out about others with your same problem. The next step is changing your thoughts. Stop believing the false assumptions. You are making illogical connections to believe that this is happening to you. Your going to have to take a leap of faith here. This is your life! Wouldn't it be great if you could feel better. Wouldn't it be great to know that no one is spying on you? You could get your life back!
[/QUOTE

Hi love I am sorry to hear about you're conflict at work and I have to say now you've left that rotten job behind you can now start to build a new life for yourself.

I also feel cameras are following me 24.7 and that I am on the big brother programme xx

soul searching

soul searching

I didn't do anything around him. My son just told him that I hear a voice and that it tortures me.
Hey Tvgirl. Yes, I'm from the U.S. When I was delusional, I thought the whole world was watching me. It doesn't matter that you are from another country, What you believe does not make any sense. Why would everyone want to watch you? There is no good answer to this.

soul searching

soul searching

Thankyou. I hope it is all a delusion. I've been dealing with this for 3 years. It's tough and scary as hell.
If you thought you had a hidden camera implanted in you where do you think it would be? I cant find a camera anywhere. How small can it really be and where would it be? People are watching me somehow.
If you are reading all these threads, you can see that there are alot of people right here on the forum with practically the same problem as you. They think or thought(before they got well) that they were being watched.

K

Krissybabe2020

If you are reading all these threads, you can see that there are alot of people right here on the forum with practically the same problem as you. They think or thought(before they got well) that they were being watched.
There is no camera tvgirl it's an illness you've got xx

soul searching

soul searching

Hi Krissybabe2020. So sorry you are going through this.You have one of the main symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia. You're not being watched. I know now that I was not being watched. It was a delusion from my sick brain. Hope you can get professional help.

K

Krissybabe2020

Hi Krissybabe2020. So sorry you are going through this.You have one of the main symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia. You're not being watched. I know now that I was not being watched. It was a delusion from my sick brain. Hope you can get professional help.
Hi sweetie I know I take 300mg zuclopenthixol for this and the injections are really painful I dread medication day!!

Have you felt watched too?xxx