• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

IF YOU SUFFER DEPRESSION PLEASE READ IT'S FOR EVERYONE

Bod

Bod

Ok most members know I am bod I will not be talking in here about my life because my story is in my journal and self harm thread. This is for EVERYONE who sadly suffers from DEPRESSION, to join in everyday all we have to post in here is ONLY POSITIVE THINGS ABOUT US. EVERYDAY I WILL POST IN HERE AS WELL AS MY OWN THREAD.

Today I am glad to say I am very positive about my life, I have helped my mother this morning and now trying to help others. I am happy and at total peace within my mind body and soul.

K

Keesha

Today I feel positive about keeping the house and car clean. Cleaning and organizing helps me feel better about myself. My last counsellor told me that I liked it because it’s something I can have control over which makes me feel more stable . I’ll take it :D

Q

quilteddown10

My lovely 11 year old son is staying with me in my new house, so that's something positive :) I love him to bits but I do feel sad when he goes home :(

Talula67

Talula67

Today I feel optimistic about my recovery and that I can go back to work next week with a positive mental attitude that will give me more good days than not so good.

I will include two readings that I do every morning to keep my thinking above Parr and not slide down the spiral into depression, which if I may add I work VERY hard on keeping at bay.photostudio_1635428693412.jpg

photostudio_1635430247762.jpg
photostudio_1635430350804.jpg

Q

quilteddown10

Today I feel optimistic about my recovery and that I can go back to work next week with a positive mental attitude that will give me more good days than not so good.

I will include two readings that I do every morning to keep my thinking above Parr and not slide down the spiral into depression, which if I may add I work VERY hard on keeping at bay.View attachment 47028

View attachment 47030
View attachment 47031
Thanks Talula67. I wish I could stick to the second one. I do feel like I live my life over and over in my head each day. It's exhausting and I don't know how to stop it :(

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

I'm pretty happy still that I have got rid of a load of the trash that had built up in my flat the other day and that I got to the sorting office to pick up my parcels without too much paranoia and anxiety.

Talula67

Talula67

Thanks Talula67. I wish I could stick to the second one. I do feel like I live my life over and over in my head each day. It's exhausting and I don't know how to stop it :(
Breath work is a good tool when we are not present in the moment. I try and practice focusing on my breath.
  • In for 4 secs
  • Hold for 7 secs
  • Out for 8 secs
I do this everytime I find my head racing into a whole life scenario.
I try and be the watcher of my thoughts as the self is separate from our thoughts.

When I feel that I start over- thinking, I pull it back to my breath work and consciously say ... (For example) -
"Oh there is the thought that tells me I am scared to go back to work"

The more we do this and be mindful of our thoughts and then ultimately our breath, it switches off the part in the brain responsible for the fight or flight response ( amygdala) and strengthens the creative part of the brain ( corpus callosum).
The more we do this with practice and be the watcher of our thoughts. Focusing on the breath, the calmer and more focused/ creative we become.

It is then I am at a position to make rational choices instead of operating from the stress response part of the brain (amygdala). Making irrational choices based on the emotional response.

Hope this makes sense 🙏💜

:grouphug:

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

I had a stomach disturbance that did mot let me sleep but I managed to flush it out of me. That's positive. I'm serious.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

I have a therapist that I feel comfortable with and I think this will be a good fit and helpful.
I took today off from work and am learning.

Heard something funny this morning and am looking forward to sharing it with my husband.

Always enjoy and look forward to hearing my son play in band. Looking forward to doing fun Halloween activities with the kids at school and to the weekend.

Ready to work on self care and compassion.

Happy you are all here and we have support here. 💗 :grouphug:💗

CrazyOwl

CrazyOwl

Work is hard but I did good in solving what problems I could do. Every day I get better.

KittyCat92

KittyCat92

I feel positive that I chased up the appointment I cancelled to reschedule instead of just leaving it and never going. One step at a time 👍🏻