• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

If you hear voices, have a read of this

I

indigo6

There must be researchers that have hearing voices, wouldtn thy be ideal to lead the work?
I think they know already.

EdEd

EdEd

I've pondered the faraday cage also , but building one that would have the best chance of working would resemble the specs of an MRI room... , maybe not as large but they sell sheets of copper online , sheet metal... they also sell copper tubs for a couple grand.

EdEd

EdEd

I tried crafting a hat with the copper principle and it was not very successful... think it's more of a brain and spine principle... somewhat.

L

linus

There must be researchers that have hearing voices, wouldtn thy be ideal to lead the work?
Elyn Saks is involved in some research, she is schizophrenic, voice hearer, medic la professor in psychiatry, it worths watching her on youtube for example. The problem is that usually the people experiencing voice hearing also suffer additionally with negative and cognitive symptoms so of course everybody else want to help them to get them relief.

L

linus

I tried crafting a hat with the copper principle and it was not very successful... think it's more of a brain and spine principle... somewhat.
Building a Faraday cage would cost hugely, I really think it’s more likely that you find one in some technical environment, somewhere to test electronics, etc. Just find a way to pay to use it for a few hours eventually.

EdEd

EdEd

Building a Faraday cage would cost hugely, I really think it’s more likely that you find one in some technical environment, somewhere to test electronics, etc. Just find a way to pay to use it for a few hours eventually.
Right , I agree with that entirely. It's quite costly. Good idea.

B

Biowizgen

Subjective experience is not very valuable in scientific research. Anyway regardless of their personal experience, I doubt that scientists can make a breakthrough anytime soon.Before we can explain schizophrenia we need to answer many questions about consciousness and how information is processed in biological systems. As far as I know, we barely understand how neural networks function in simple organisms and the type of science that can ultimately explain the underlying neurobiology at the molecular or atomic level should come from the cutting-edge of quantum physics. However, it usually takes decades before discoveries in physics can make their way into chemistry and finally biology.

EdEd

EdEd

Copper is known to block electromagnetic fields. Copper mineral (and zinc) in the bloodstream also blocks EMFs.
This thought occured to me also , glad to know I'm not alone on this type of thought.. it seems like an interesting concept. Interesting input indeed.

John Lamb

John Lamb

Anthony Peake pretends that the “daemon” it’s a being that has already lived this life and somehow shares such knowledge through voice hearing. If you look at this guy’s contribution you see a lot of criticism because he pretends it’s science, yet he failed to deliver any proofs accordingly. But, anyway, I’ll make time to read that book since after the first few pages it’s clear to me that it has nothing to do with what is described above. I couldn’t find any information about him as being a voice hearer, how does this apply to the above claim that only such people should have a say? How can anyone actually in this world could have a say if they didn’t experience anything in particular? Well, there is a simple explanation: we are intelligent beings and we learn from the others, we don’t need to throw ourselves off the cliff to realize that this means dying.
I believe a critic of this book who states it contains the ideas of Julian Janyes of which the author of the op's article seems to be a fan of and his theory of the bicameral mind. Janyes' theory on the Origin of Consciousness is interesting, as a voice hearer myself I wonder if I have the evolutionary remnants of a 'bicameral mind' that he postulates ancient people had.

D

DC1

I found it with the Tor Browser along with some other info. Copper is copper whether it's a shield or a chemical. Did you know that we can be grounded to earth like the shield is? And if we are not connected to earth then the copper and other metals in our body will ground into our water, just like a shield does in the sea. I like to think that if we can play around with the 'dosage' of copper (and zinc) then it will form a barrier between our temproal libes and our inner ears! See this site for the benefits of grounding Grounding Technology: Earthing sheets, Mats & more

D

DC1

When I have heard soft voices I found that adjusting the volume of the radio walkman to very low was the best setting. In-ear buds are better for this.

EdEd

EdEd

I've noticed that also.

EdEd

EdEd

They're prior to my post: "I've noticed that also"

L

linus

I found it with the Tor Browser along with some other info. Copper is copper whether it's a shield or a chemical. Did you know that we can be grounded to earth like the shield is? And if we are not connected to earth then the copper and other metals in our body will ground into our water, just like a shield does in the sea. I like to think that if we can play around with the 'dosage' of copper (and zinc) then it will form a barrier between our temproal libes and our inner ears! See this site for the benefits of grounding Grounding Technology: Earthing sheets, Mats & more
Literally you can die if you ingest metals, you are taking literally some things without the proper knowledge of metabolism and how these elements are spread and used in the body, I just hope you don’t do something bad to yourself.