• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

If you didn’t get on with your psychiatrist

L

Lab rat

If you didn’t like or trust your new pdoc, what would you do? I don’t tell him anything! My old pdoc was great, but he retired. I can talk to my tdoc, she is great, but ultimately under my pdoc in the team hierarchy. My pdoc thinks I’m doing well, and is even reducing my medication. The truth is quite the contrary, he thinks I’m fine because that’s what I tell him, the truth is that the glue that held me together is rapidly coming unglued, I have a barrage of voices day and night, I can’t sleep because of it. The voices torture me with pain, and I’m scared that I’ll do any of the things they keep telling me to do. I don’t want to harm anyone, but another night of this is too much to bear.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi Lab rat,
I'm so sorry your struggling, I changed my psychiatrist and the new one is so much better.
Do you have a crisis team you could contact?
I hope you have a more settled night.
Hugs

Finite

Finite

@Lab rat I have been in the situation of not trusting or liking my psychiatrist before and it was a mistake not doing anything about it, until the situation got so bad that I ended up back in hospital again. I didn't know how to deal with it and I let it go on for far too long, but after another traumatic period in hospital, I was eventually able to change them, with the help of the local advocacy network. I now have it on my advanced directive that I won't be treated by them. If you're not able to trust them, find a way to swap docs. In the mean time though, look after yourself.

I

itsmeagain

Labrat.
Please don't do anything bad that the voices tell you. Get urgent help rather than ruin your life.
You're a great contributor here and I wish you all the best.

L

Lab rat

Well, it’s morning time again. I survived another night with hardly any sleep. I’m not sure whom I need to talk to, but I know I can’t carry on with this shrink. My meds are been reduced to half the dose, so I have more energy. The voices say that it is EVIDENCE that I DO NOT NEED MEDICATION, so I binned the lot this morning.

Think I’ll go for a walk? I’ve got a couple of jobs to do for my daughter, I’ve got to go to her house, measure up, go to the woodyard then build the stuff for her. I feel fine in the daytime, nighttime is a different story. I don’t care what happens now. I feel like a weight has been lifted! And I’ve only missed 2 doses so far, at least I’ll lose the weight

D

danmarkok89

my psychiatrist said i was crazy! so i said ok, I want a second opinion and he said I was ugly too!

meeting new people and building up that rappor with them is always difficult, i'm getting to know my new psychiatric nurse, it's difficult but you gotta try to keep it together. One thing that I try to remember is that people make mistakes and they don't mean to.

Lab rat, i don't know you but I wouldn't have thought that coming off your meds was a good idea, it might just be the illness trying to get the better of you (schizophrenia can be real sneaky like that). At least talk it through with a professional? if you're gonna attempt this, then you might need support and guidance, professional support and guidance? sorry to be a downer or a suckup to the mental health professionals, i know they can be challenging but I can get myself in a right mess if i dont take my meds

ht46

ht46

If I have a psychiatrist I don't get on with (this has only happened once) but I act difficult and non compliant they give up and I get a better one. If I was you I would just continue driving home the point you are struggling with the decreased dose and act non compliant so you get a new one, if your symptoms are increasing and she's decreasing your meds she's not doing her job I think you should tell some one.

I

itsmeagain

Labrat.
Take your meds or you'll become unwell.

J

JeanPierre

Well, it’s morning time again. I survived another night with hardly any sleep. I’m not sure whom I need to talk to, but I know I can’t carry on with this shrink. My meds are been reduced to half the dose, so I have more energy. The voices say that it is EVIDENCE that I DO NOT NEED MEDICATION, so I binned the lot this morning.

Think I’ll go for a walk? I’ve got a couple of jobs to do for my daughter, I’ve got to go to her house, measure up, go to the woodyard then build the stuff for her. I feel fine in the daytime, nighttime is a different story. I don’t care what happens now. I feel like a weight has been lifted! And I’ve only missed 2 doses so far, at least I’ll lose the weight
You must not stop your medication lab rat!
You are going to end up in a hospital and you don't want that.
Ask for another doctor. Can you guys do that? Or do you feel stuck with her?
Please don't stop all your meds.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
The voices say that it is EVIDENCE that I DO NOT NEED MEDICATION, so I binned the lot this morning.
Some voices will say anything to get off the meds so please be careful Lab Rat, you know the signs of not being yourself or being unwell so keep a weather eye out for anything out of the norm.

I don't trust voices who have form for being a nuisance and I'm well versed on their antics when they go unmedicated so take care and you might want to retrieve those meds from the bin just in case.

I'm hope I'm wrong about your voice and perhaps it's ready to turn over a new leaf.

I wish you good luck.

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Being misunderstood by ones psychiatrist is terrible.

Finite

Finite

@Lab rat You're playing with fire binning your meds like that. I hope you'll reconsider and find a safer way to address the situation with your pdoc, before you end up burnt.

J

JeanPierre

If you didn’t like or trust your new pdoc, what would you do? I don’t tell him anything! My old pdoc was great, but he retired. I can talk to my tdoc, she is great, but ultimately under my pdoc in the team hierarchy. My pdoc thinks I’m doing well, and is even reducing my medication. The truth is quite the contrary, he thinks I’m fine because that’s what I tell him, the truth is that the glue that held me together is rapidly coming unglued, I have a barrage of voices day and night, I can’t sleep because of it. The voices torture me with pain, and I’m scared that I’ll do any of the things they keep telling me to do. I don’t want to harm anyone, but another night of this is too much to bear.
Print this out and hand it to your doctor.