• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

If u now realise that your behaviour at the weekend was manic was u actually manic?

F

flumpidge

If u now realise that your behaviour at the weekend was manic was u actually manic?

I've been given provisional diagnosis of bipolar 2 or bpd. I have been severely depressed for two years. Recently had medication changes and felt alot better.

Slipped into some old behaviour at the weekend, got silly drunk, argued with some random and slept with a random. I haven't had sex for 2 years and am so angry at myself and ashamed. Also have spent loads of money on things I don't really need over the weekend. I realise my behaviour was manic so was it actually manic? I'm so confused. xXx

calypso

calypso

Admin
When you are fist diagnosed, its so confusing. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang on in there honey. Yes you can be manic for just a weekend. I managed to spend a month's money on a Saturday!! HUGS xxx

S

SandalwoodSummer

It could be due to your BPD too. I have never had a one night stand. When manic and am very turned on but i still retain my sense that i don't want to sleep around.

F

flumpidge

Calypso thanku for ur kind words. Hope u haven't spent too much. I just can't stop lol xXx

F

flumpidge

SandalwoodSummer thanku for ur comment back. Yer is weird I think for me it was the alcohol that made me end up acting on it or this new anti depressant or a bit of both xXx

S

Suziblue

I've done all the same things as you when manic, honey and yep I knew I had done wrong even although I couldn't help myself, the embarrassment was crippling but you just go on and hope it gets better! Sending you hugs and I hope you feel better x