if only there was a big button

L

lost girl

people often ask me what they can do to help. i wish there was a big button that would take everything away... my councillor asked me if i cud remember a time i was happy... i cudnt.. this made me feel worse.

krista

krista

You could find comfort that people want to help you.
But it's terrible like that when you've forgotten the good feelings.
I hope you'll feel better soon
Take care
Xxxx

Louis Friend

Louis Friend

I feel the same about never being happy and im still not now. Its a strong word happiness but if you think that you and many of us here feel the exact same and we are all still here, Then maybe caring for people who feel the same gives us hope which will eventually lead to a path that gives us happiness. Not sure if that made sense but i always keep hope now and seeing how caring everyone is here is what gives me the strength to survive xxx

Damage Control

Damage Control

I have said this exact same thing.

"If there was a big, red button to make me disappear, I would push it. In fact, I would have pushed it 30 years ago."

It's a way to explain to doctors, psychs, therapists that although I don't really want to live, I am not suicidal ... or not motivated to self-harm .. but an easy way out is a fantasy I carry.

I have been diagnosed over and over and over again with depression for the best part of 2 decades but, I think that is too simplistic - and SSRI's stop the suicide ideation, but ... do little else except move me through each day on auto-pilot. Self-harm is automatically linked to depression but ... I think it is often a response to an insane world + trying to make sense of that world.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Meet me in the dark Self Harm Forum 5
J Self Harm Forum 1