• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If I want to kill myself every single day should I just do it already ?

JustinS1998

JustinS1998

I'm tired of living every single day like this.

I think it might be better to just explore what happens after I die , than to live every single day so unhealthily like I do now.

Don't know what else to say.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Or you could get some professional help to stop thinking like this.

F

Flim Flim

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Your basically regarding yourself as sub-human or not worth a life. This is untrue.
I would not bet on a good life after death either. Especially if i ended it.
I understand where you are coming from. These thoughts may be strong at times but when you get through it, give yourself some credit.
Are you taking meds at the moment?

E

EclipticNight

I was suicidal for a long time. Aside from meds what kept me going was finding something I liked and made a plan. You cant die today, you have plans tomorrow.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi JustinS,
Please try to get help, I know you've tried in the past. Your life is just as important.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

A

AppletreeConfusion

Tbh I think many people understand how you feel, and for some, the answer is simply believing in yourself.... I don't know what motivates you or you specific reasons, but why should you die? What have you done to deserve capital punishment? Also, personally when I wanted to die, it was like a way out of pain, mostly, and it passed after some time, so my moods can be I bit like going through storms.

I would suggest giving anti-depressants a try - so yes please see a doctor. When you die, I really don't see any reason for there to be anything, it's just like the time before you were born. I believe that life is all we have, but that means it's important, and it's important we create happiness for people (including ourselves). It isn't easy. I think you need to just shut up and get on with making life better for yourself. What is it that makes you unhappy? Well, from my experience life is a mixture and it seems hard for me to see how a majority of people can feel happy about all aspects of themselves and their lives. There is literally millions of ways forward, and suicide is only one of them - and that's game over.

A

always thirsty

oh man i had suicidal thoughts from my late teens until my early 30s - in my 40s now. you know i remember something about it though. the more you think about it...well the more you think about it in the near future. it's crappy and that's the way it goes. i had a kid at 33 and haven't had a suicidal thought since! it's not even in my mental vocabulary anymore. if you are drinking alone, i gotta be real that is what is causing it. might not be drinking either, just dwelling, but drinking makes us dwell even harder.

here's the thing, there might not be ANYTHING after life. no-one knows. it's true what they say, when people feel suicidal - they don't actually want to die, they just want to feel good. like they used to feel. here's something that will help - GRATITUDE!! think about something small that you are grateful for. there are qudrepalegics in this world, i'm guessing you still have all your limbs and are in good enough health. right there you have something that many people in unfortunate situations don't have. you have a roof over you head. a comfy bed to sleep in. anyway you get the idea. another way to do it is to think of crap life situations you may have been in in the past that you are above and beyond now. think back to then and now. for me i was briefly homeless on the streets, and just having my home makes me grateful. my fridge is stocked with all kinds of food too!!

it sounds basic but it works. when you are grateful good things just happen to you. it's some kind of metaphysical law or something. just give it a go, it can't hurt. think about someone who is stuck in prison for the next 10 years and has to deal with trying not to get killed or abused. then think about how great your home, your food, your safety is in comparison. trust me try it, it's powerful and you can do it every day.

hit me up if you want. i feel like i'm going to be on this forum a lot. everyone here is so similar to me, and for that i am grateful.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

I know what it feels like to be suicidal every day, it is a horrid way to survive. It took years for me to work on this, to understand that negative thoughts and feelings are not facts. That I'm not my illness. It was well worth the effort for me to hang around and you're worth it, too. I have to believe that because I believe I'm worth it.