• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

If a person has one month of chronic depression does that age the face or is that not enough time to do aging damage?

BLUESTAR009

BLUESTAR009

If one has chronic depression and stress for one month and only one month no more. Could that show up on the face skin or is that not enough time to create sagging wrinkling or aging of the facial skin or would you need a longer depressive period of time to show visible effects of aging on the face?

If one has chronic depression and stress for one month and only one month no more. Could that show up on the face skin or is that not enough time to create sagging wrinkling or aging of the facial skin or would you need a longer depressive period of time to show visible effects of aging on the face?

I

indigo6

I dont think a month is enough to do alot of damage which I think is temporary anyway.
Try to look after yourself better with food, liquid, sleep (you may be getting too much already) look after your skin well with hydration like moisturisers and gels.

J

JCPraha

That is not enough time to age you. One month is nothing. Maybe several years would age you, but not one month.

M

Mary on the hill

That is not enough time to age you. One month is nothing. Maybe several years would age you, but not one month.
You start aging more and faster only when the hormones go at age 50 or so. So don't worry until you reach that age! It's the hormones that keeps us looking young.

J

JCPraha

Chronic stress ages anyone. It is somewhat hormonal. Stress causes the release of cortisol, which can be destructive, also catecholamines, such as adrenaline. For women, of course, menopause, causes a big change in hormonal balances. The production of estrogen declines greatly. In the past many people took estrogen supplementation. I'm not sure if that is recommended anymore.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Nah I wouldn't think so, it takes a long time for the face to age!x