• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

If a person has one month of chronic depression does that age the face or is that not enough time to do aging damage?

bluestar ocean

bluestar ocean

If one has chronic depression and stress for one month and only one month no more. Could that show up on the face skin or is that not enough time to create sagging wrinkling or aging of the facial skin or would you need a longer depressive period of time to show visible effects of aging on the face?

If one has chronic depression and stress for one month and only one month no more. Could that show up on the face skin or is that not enough time to create sagging wrinkling or aging of the facial skin or would you need a longer depressive period of time to show visible effects of aging on the face?

I

indigo6

I dont think a month is enough to do alot of damage which I think is temporary anyway.
Try to look after yourself better with food, liquid, sleep (you may be getting too much already) look after your skin well with hydration like moisturisers and gels.

J

JCPraha

That is not enough time to age you. One month is nothing. Maybe several years would age you, but not one month.

M

Mary on the hill

That is not enough time to age you. One month is nothing. Maybe several years would age you, but not one month.
You start aging more and faster only when the hormones go at age 50 or so. So don't worry until you reach that age! It's the hormones that keeps us looking young.

J

JCPraha

Chronic stress ages anyone. It is somewhat hormonal. Stress causes the release of cortisol, which can be destructive, also catecholamines, such as adrenaline. For women, of course, menopause, causes a big change in hormonal balances. The production of estrogen declines greatly. In the past many people took estrogen supplementation. I'm not sure if that is recommended anymore.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Nah I wouldn't think so, it takes a long time for the face to age!x

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
MeAndMyDepression Has an ordinary person ever asked you if you have a mental illness? Depression Forum 25
N Is it wrong to want to kill a person who has destroyed you mentaly? Depression Forum 18
mirrormaker The confession of a lame person Depression Forum 18
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Find Out If a person Truly Loves you Or Not ~ Only Real Person Do This Depression Forum 1
O I’m a horrible person Depression Forum 9
S Mistakes, forgetting things... how much can a person take Depression Forum 11
N Are you just a bad person? Depression Forum 24
Wheelie Bin Barry Sad, dont understand, am i that bad a person? Depression Forum 14
V The person who hates me the most is myself Depression Forum 10
moonperson vent/advice: I really can't stand myself and I don't want to like this person who I am. Depression Forum 14
O feeling like a horrible person... Depression Forum 2
C I feel like the worst person in the world Depression Forum 19
Blooming Whole-person perspective on depression? Depression Forum 11
T How do I get a depressed person to open up so that I can listen like they asked? Depression Forum 4
T I hate the person I have become Depression Forum 4
B Can being single for a long time mentally drain a person? Depression Forum 24
R I feel more lost, stupid, unsuccessful, and overall a worse person now than ever. Depression Forum 5
BrytOne A song I wrote about that one person you can't let go of. Depression Forum 6
C Is it normal for people with depression to only push away one person? Depression Forum 3
M I'm not a bad person.. right? Depression Forum 4
C Feeling like a very uninteresting and unappealing person Depression Forum 35
American Boy I'm the most horrendously hideous person ever Depression Forum 9
LexLoofer When you're not a morning person... Depression Forum 4
T I’ve destroyed the person I was supposed to be Depression Forum 1
S Please help- am I a terrible person? Depression Forum 6
J [HELP] Need urgent help to convince loved person to seek for help. Depression Forum 3
D I'm a horrible person Depression Forum 8
Z (This is long) Trusting the wrong person made my depression worse Depression Forum 7
P Can a coward be forgiven or is it the one act that a person should be shunned from society? Depression Forum 9
P I have no hobbies, friends, personality. How do I find myself as a person? Depression Forum 1
P Everybody thinks I'm a good person, but I don't think so Depression Forum 10
Harbor Lexapro: Makes a person feel emotionless. Depression Forum 2
F Upstairs neighbour is harassing me and not a single person will believe me, I am just going to commit suicide Depression Forum 5
M Can a depressed person live a meaningful life? Depression Forum 5
A Am I a bad person for not sympathizing with someone who claims to have "depression?" Depression Forum 3
N The person that destroyed my life is miving an amazing life Depression Forum 37
blacksmoke will the last person in the room please turn the light out Depression Forum 2
N I am really bitter about this one person. Depression Forum 12
blacksmoke the real me just who is that person? Depression Forum 11
J I am a messed up person Depression Forum 10
RainbowHeartz Just a functioning depressed person here Depression Forum 8
S Feeling scared, trapped, and more than a little bit like I'm a bad person Depression Forum 4
queenpink im a horrible person Depression Forum 18
K The worst person in the world is me! Depression Forum 6
student12 I am i that MUCH OF A BAD PERSON THAT I CAN'T GET A BREAK IN LIFE Depression Forum 5
M how stupid can 1 person be!!!!! Depression Forum 3
Y such a useless person doesn't deserve to live Depression Forum 5
M Bad person, bad daughter Depression Forum 37
M Does depression make you a lesser person? Depression Forum 27
amathus 10 Things not to say to a Depressed person Depression Forum 15