• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

idk what to call this

• Thread starter failedvibecheck
  • Start date
F

failedvibecheck

Not really sure if I’m supposed to put this in this forum but basically I think I might have used a rusty implement without realizing? It’s not very deep and I used two kinds of antiseptics on it multiple times after but I’m still kind of worried I could get an infection. Tbh if I did get one I’m more worried about my family finding out how I got it. I don’t know how likely the chances are that I do get an one because according to Google I don’t get an infection from rust but from the bacteria in soil (?) and that implement had been in a closed bag so as usual I’m probably overreacting but I’m still kind of worried

Last edited by a moderator:
calypso

calypso

Admin
I think you might be OK but obviously I can't know that for sure. Just wait and see and if there are any signs of infection then go to the doctor immediately and see if you need further help. Self harm is addictive so perhaps look into why you are doing it and see if you can get any help with it - again from your doctor.