• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

ICPA

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Ihave a meeting tomorrow and really sweating about it.What gets covered and what will be asked?
M

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Sorry Marchare, I've never even heard of it - what does it stand for?

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Integrated Care Programme Approach meeting, me psych doc and care worker
m

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hi M

I had a care plan but wasn;t involved in the meeting though I have been told I should have been - they just discussed my care plan and risk assesment and then I signed the plan.

KS

cloudberry

cloudberry

Founding Member
I sat in on one once for a friend. Sorry to say I just saw a lot of "professionals" seeking to cover their own backs and talk a lot about doing very little at all.

In other words, probably nothing to worry about! A bit like a political conference!

M

mad as a hatter

i agree with cloudberry i feel there a complete and utter waste off time i never got q mine when i was in hospital

cloudberry

cloudberry

Founding Member
i agree with cloudberry i feel there a complete and utter waste off time i never got q mine when i was in hospital
Dear dear Hatter, you never know, if they had got around to doing your meeting when you were in hospital it might have been brilliant!!!!!

OK, I am as mad as you......

:dance::popcorn::rofl2::reindeer::prop::stomp::reindeer::reindeer:

cloudberry

cloudberry

Founding Member
Ihave a meeting tomorrow and really sweating about it.What gets covered and what will be asked?
M
A serious suggestion/answer is:

prepare a list of questions you want to ask before you go in - get a clear idea of where you are and where you want to be, as much as is possible.

go in with a notepad and pen.

ask everyone to introduce themselves (dont feel helpless - its a meeting for YOU! )

make a note of everyone who is there - name, status/job etc.

make notes of replies to your questions....

and notes of the meeting.

Might help to "pretend" to yourself that you are your own secretary here, in a way, you are. Unless you have someone else who can do it for you.

Thats how I was involved when I sat in for a friend. Easier to do for someone else than yourself I will be the first to admit. But I do hope some of this helps. Its very practical.

Dont forget, some of their clients cant even read and write (god help them). You can. Use what you have got no matter how inadequate or terrible you feel on the day. If they are any good, they will respect you for trying to help yourself and be involved in your recovery.

Good luck.

Please let us know how you get on.

cloudberry

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Letter had been sent in error!!!!
m