• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I wish my uncle would just be taking into a care home

D

Destination Moon

It gets annoying when I tell people he is my uncle and they forget and think he is my dad. My cousin who is 72 said it to me and she giggled about it afterwards. Sometimes it upsets me when people say it because my dad died in 2015 of a drink problem.

My just got dangers again as he pulled a knife out at my Mother again. She was shaking up and nearly had a heart attack and I got the police out again. I had to dispose of all his knifes last year as he had a collection of them. He isn't in the right mind anymore. I don't think anyone can came out to him at the moment because of the lockdown.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I am so sorry. How long has he had dementia? If he is dangerous then a doctor needs to be informed and help arranged accordingly. This can't go on. I wish there was something magical that could be said. As you say, a care home might be best given he is taking knives out on people.

D

Destination Moon

I am so sorry. How long has he had dementia? If he is dangerous then a doctor needs to be informed and help arranged accordingly. This can't go on. I wish there was something magical that could be said. As you say, a care home might be best given he is taking knives out on people.
He has always had a temper on him occasionally being a bully, snappy, shouting and swearing after he retired from his office job in February 2010. Sometimes he'd take is anger out on me and say nasty horrible things and fight with his older brother. This is all I had to put up with for many years. He started developing signs of dementia in December 2015. I was sorting my dad's funeral after my dad had passed. My uncle wanted to be in control of everything. Maybe because my uncle was feeling lonely he took he would take his anger at on me and get my Mum on his side as she would think I was doing something wrong. He was a nasty bully at times and I didn't always get on with him. But my Mum knows what he was doing now. This started in 2010 and 2011 he would blame me for so much as breathing and making stupid accusations at me. Made out I was acting childish and I was the one in the wrong. At the moment everything else had to go on hold because of the lockdown so no carers or social workers can come to the house at this moment.

calypso

calypso

Admin
So he was always a nasty piece of work. All the more reason why a care home is the place to be as his baseline personality will just show itself more and more. I used to be a senior sister in charge of dementia units and know that there comes a time when it is very rare that people can be managed in their own homes and that's people who aren't unpleasant to begin with.

D

Destination Moon

I think he should have been taking into a home ages ago. It's not that easy. The social workers said she couldn't move him out of the house and were still in lockdown. Shame things can't turn out the way you want them to. :low:

D

Destination Moon

My uncle finally got his bloods taking this week and they found something wrong with him. It took 3 years for them to take do something. My doctor is giving me extra support with finding another place to live. And my uncle causes chocolate to melt in fridge I had to throw it out as he keeps opening the fridge door. And he took my honey jar Also finding his food crumbs on the floor and in piles of letters he has got piled up. My Mother keeps getting back pain and had to get check out. All the stress has been making me ill with everything that's been going on and he is constantly nagging and arguing. I feel it would be better if I moved as far away from my neighbourhood as possible. There are social workers helping me and a lovely police community support officer who keeps in touch with me and help's with my problem's with the neighbours causing trouble.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Dementia Forum 16