• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I wish my GP was my psychiatrist

BillFish

BillFish

My GP is fantastic, she comes from a different angle and talks to me on my level in a very casual and empathetic manner.Almost as if she has experienced schizophrenia herself.

On the other side of the coin, my psychiatrist is very formal and sitting in front of a group of people all with analytical stares paralyses me into one word answers.
Throw in a psychiatrist , a student, a cpn , a social worker and a senior psychiatrist I 've never seen before, makes it more like a trial at the old bailey lol.And their habit of assuming I don't have the capability of discussing my illness in more depth, instead choosing to fire a few questions at me without explanation makes the appointment seem futile.:mad:

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
it sounds very patronising and unhelpful. Maybe writing a letter in advance would help as they may take more notice of this. I tried that in hospital when I felt I was being ignored.
KP

I

IntrospectionFtw!

yh my gp's good aswell...i cant even be arsed talking to my psychs anymore i just play guitar with my care cordinator i find thats more helpful...than analyzing my mind i wasted 2.5 years doing that and every session was me arguing with them...i find it hard enough having a normal conversation let alone talking about my insanity in a objective way...i think its their way of making you sound stupid i bet if i sat them down on the couch and asked them prying questions they'd sound stupid aswell...so basically yh fuckoff.

X

xxxmetal-chickxxx

My psychiatrist from the last depression spell a couple of years back was a bitch, fair enough i was young and stubborn about reaching out. my mother had to come in with me. And even she said that if she was her patient she would of punched her by then.

I know what its like. My new gp was sooo lovely to me today. Really made me understand what PND is. =D My old psychiatrist. was useless. she just made me feel worse.

GPS are amazing =D

Unhinged

Unhinged

i have to agree, my GP is the best. he listens and explains things, seems like he is the one person trying to help.
the shrink just says 'stop thinking that way' and 'why do you let yourself think like that' if i knew i wouldn't be here talking to you! really makes me just want to throw a shoe somedays...

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
how come you see your phyciatrist in front of a room of people? that would intimidate anyone diddy:eek:

X

xxxmetal-chickxxx

agreeing with diddy..

why are you with all those peope.