• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I wish I was a teenager again

P

pokerfish12

I wish I was around 17-20 again because my life was so much better back then. My depression and anxiety were not as bad, I got to spend every day at school (i also loved school for school) with my best friends then spend the evenings just chilling talking to them, watching tv and youtube. I was just so innocently happy and content. These last couple of years, especially this year, has just had a lot of awful stuff happen. Now, I'm 22, I'm an unemployed graduate and I feel like I'm getting so old so quickly. I don't see a future for myself because I feel like I have nothing to offer, everyone on social media is like 15-19 and I feel so insecure when I see them. They all look so good and have 'aesthetics' from a young age whereas I'm now discovering new fashion styles and things yet I feel like I'm getting too old to wear them and follow the trends. I also live in a student city so I constantly see teens about and it makes me miss that part of my life so much.

At the same time, I have amazing friends, including my best friends from school who I'm still close to, I know I;m not 'behind' when it comes to the age people start their careers. I should be grateful that I loved my teen years and had so much fun to the point where I would choose to go back-I know not everyone is that blessed. I should cherish the memories I have from that time of my life and work on making new memories, but I just..miss it so so much. I'm so unhappy right now. My entire life feels like it's just come to a stand-still since covid and I haven't made any progress in any part of my life in months. I just don't know what to do and how to actually start doing something with my life.

P

Purpleplum

I don't know many people who'd want to be teenagers again. The teenage years (transferring from child to adult) are one of the stressful times of life.

T

treasurebox

You can still create happy moments because happiness is a choice. You can even be happier than when you were younger. Count your blessings and look at the plus and better side of your age. You can have a better job, too in the future. You were created to live a wonderful life.

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs on youtube makes me feel and think better. Listen to music several times a day or whenever you can.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.