• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I wish I knew what was causing this...

R

Rider52

I feel totally lost with things. Every day it's voices, images, and bizzare vivid dreams that disrupt my sleep. Sometimes the images come with sound or tactile. Some days I have anxiety and other days it isn't as bad. Occasionally I get random pop up memories or intrusive thoughts. I always gets brushed off by professionals and family. Hopefully I'll find the help I need sometime.

Z

Zoe1

might be isolation due to the lockdowns ?

Z

Zoe1

you might be able to find an anxiety support group on zoom ?

M

Metajob

I believe it's inability to connect. I had much worse delusions after I was at hospital and isolated myself. But it's like a muscle you must train.

consciousnessdetective

consciousnessdetective

I go thru similar things. Very much a loner but am missing people. For me it's more like uncontrollable fatigue. I just want to be present with people and not spend my dreams being stressed out or anxious.

EdEd

EdEd

I wish I knew how to fix what you're going through @Rider52 but I dont know exactly how to approach your situation. But all I can say is try not to stress over things that you have no control over.

Sammyjames97

Sammyjames97

I believe mind voices are evil spirits tormenting us and we are like it because god is allowing evil to mess with us.

N

natalie

Hi Rider52,

I'm just presently wondering h ow you are managing now, are you doing/feeling any much better?

Have you been able to have sought extra help for your voices?

Best regards.

schizodreamz123

schizodreamz123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I believe mind voices are evil spirits tormenting us and we are like it because god is allowing evil to mess with us.
If evil spirits exist so do angels. Have you ever tried journaling? or Meditation? It might get things out that need to come out..push the good ideas in. 🌈I wish you Peace❤

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

I feel totally lost with things. Every day it's voices, images, and bizzare vivid dreams that disrupt my sleep. Sometimes the images come with sound or tactile. Some days I have anxiety and other days it isn't as bad. Occasionally I get random pop up memories or intrusive thoughts. I always gets brushed off by professionals and family. Hopefully I'll find the help I need sometime.
Sorry to hear of your issue. May I ask, how long does it take for you to sleep?

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

I really suggest data logging. Anyone with a mental illness regardless of what it is should do data logging. So basically write down changes that happen and the actions that cause those changes. That way you gain insight into your condition and learn to do the things that keep you healthy. Don't blindly experience your condition. Deal with it wisely.

For example, I was diagnosed with Bipolar. I logged my mood changes (positive and negative) and the actions that caused them for year and have learnt so much to keep me stable. You don't have to log for that long.

A lot of people don't take charge of their Disorders unfortunately and just rely on pills but there is a lot you as a patient can do that even your Psychiatrist won't disagree with and is even in the literature they refer to. They don't highlight them enough unfortunately. I have studied the mental illness epidemic for years now and I can tell you there is a lot more than pills.

What you are complaining of is nothing new to me I see it being complained about over and over especially in the west.

R

Rider52

Hi Rider52,

I'm just presently wondering h ow you are managing now, are you doing/feeling any much better?

Have you been able to have sought extra help for your voices?

Best regards.
Hi Natalie,
I'm feeling better than I was. I still have some issues though that concerns me. I went to a couple different places for help last week. They're claiming if you're voices are sleep related it could be a sign of a sleep disorder.

R

Rider52

Sorry to hear of your issue. May I ask, how long does it take for you to sleep?
Hi,
I usually get to sleep for about 3 hours then I wake up. When I go back to sleep is when it's disrupted by voices or vivid dreams. They go away once I'm fully awake. I usually sleep again if I'm not feeling too anxious. Other times I can't get a full nights sleep.

N

natalie

Hi Rider52,

I am just wondering having just read a post, in this thread, I've only just logged in, whether for your too much of anxiety, whether if you might gain benefit by having medication to take, for your anxiety?

That way also, you just might gain a better night's sleep, then on a regular basis.

This is just an idea, i have for your anxiety, as possible and suitable medicatoin might help.

Personally, I take anti anxiety medication for me, and it works!

Best regards.